2000 Malibu Road

JackPeyton

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It was complete trash but a very entertaining show, especially given the strange mix of cast and crew. Terry Louise Fisher, Schumacher, Spelling. Robin Strasser and Constance Towers both had guest roles.

It works well as a mini-series but I don't know how they'd have spun it out into a full season. I think characters like Joy would have had to have been watered down quite considerably.

• Members

Didn't watch it, but I remember it. I always wanted to catch the jail scene with Robin Strasser playing an over-the-hill prostitute. I'd read about that in one of the soap rags, they praised her work.

Go head LHB, she was lookin some kinda good in that one piece. And what can be said about the beautiful Jennifer Beals, she looks even better now.

Tuesday Knight? Why not Thursday Ahfternoon? She sure was wearing a lot of fabric.

Those opening credits are what KL's should have been like in its final season instead of that loud brassy arrangement. I feel like this is the very early '90s kind of show KL was trying to be in its later seasons, it would have worked if Paige and company were the leads... not a show for the Karen/Mac/Val/Gary set.

• Members

This show, along with Second Chances (starring Connie Selleca, Megan Follows and Jennifer Lopez in a supporting role) were sort of the last gasp of the classic nighttime soaps.

I remember LOVING 2000 Malibu Road so much... but I can tell you, it really didn't age well. You can get a full set from ioffer.com. The show's VERY campy and OTT, so if that's your thing, you'll love it.

As I recall, the show got good ratings, but it was one of those shows affected by the earthquake. (I think Second Chances was, too...) The production company decided it wasn't worth the money to rebuild all the sets. I might be remembering it wrong, but for some reason that's always stuck with me.

• Members

I rewatched the first episode the other night after this thread reminded me about the show. What a campfest.

Robin Strasser as Clapped Out Prostitute: I just thought you were a whore! I didn't realise you were a murdering whore.

Lisa Hartman: I didn't kill anybody.

Robin Strasser: Too bad because they're going to fry you. They're going to fry you for sure!

I'd love to know how this show would have progressed if it had been picked up for a season.

• Members

I had heard of the show but never really ever looked into it. I agree that it was very Knots Landing-esque, especially the opening credits.

And how can you not enjoy the cast?

If the recap was any indication, it seemed like a REALLY campy soap opera.

Too bad it wasn't renenewed like it was supposed to be.

• 3 years later...
  • 2 years later...

Archived