Is Karma a B*tch for B&B's Rick?

• Members

Haven't been following B&B much, not even spoiler-wise but a spumor/spoiler crossed my sight.

There a death curses against him and Pa & Son Baker are coming to town in March?

So is Rick getting shot???

Hopefully it's in the same office/chair, young Rick once shot Grant... I guess it's too much to ask for that the shooter aims good? :P

Anyhow, this is another autopilot-story we've seen to death. <_<

Is it coming or is actually sth. good to happen anytime soon in LA - anybody!?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

As the lone supporter of Kyle Lowder here :P I'm going to say that since Rick finally grew a pair, KL has totally been impressing me. He is hilarious and arrogant and vengeful and sometimes incredibly dumb :lol: but there is something weirdly relatable in all the emotions he is showing. He also says all the things I've been thinking about Ridge and Eric, among others. Unlike the game but limited Jennifer Gareis who dominated story for MONTHS, Rick is a character others can either hate or ally themselves with, and that antagonism powers soap SLs. It would be a shame if B&B decided to kill him off.

If he's just going to be shot, I am gonna get whiplash because didn't B&B already do this, like, yesterday with Who Shot Stephanie?

• Members

I've been on the Kyle Lowder train since day one. I think having a guy who can be a "real man" in the role has really helped make the Rick vs. Ridge story interesting. Whenever Justin Torkildsen went up against Ridge, it was hilarious because it was like a 16 year old fighting about curfew with his father.

I think where Lowder falls short is that he doesn't take the material seriously, and you can tell on-screen that he doesn't. You can tell he plays up alot of stuff for laughs or is just really bored with the material.

• Members

Count me in as a KL fan. He's been amazing as Rick. I really didn't care about him at the beginning, when he was dating Ashley, Phebe and then Taylor. But he's won me over ever since his feud with Ridge has started. This show needed a villain, and it has found one in the form of Rick.

I hope Lowder is enjoying the material he's being given (it's quite good, methinks) so that he will stick around. I recently saw an interview online where he stated he was constantly thinking about going back to DAYS (those are not his real words, but that's the impression I got), and I really can't remember when it actually happened, but I don't see how anyone would prefer working on DAYS than on B&B, given their light schedule.

• Members

Half the suspects are his FAMILY MEMBERS. It's sick and stupid.

The whole bloody show is stupid and is written for whatever plot point they want to force next.

It's completely unwatchable but I find myself unable to turn to AMC or Days after Y&R is over because I'm lazy and they too are unwatchable. Rick in lust with his NIECE, Bridget acting like an idiot in a wig forcing chemistry that trumped up [Nelson Branco]hair model[/Nelson Branco], Ronn Moss actually being a WORSE actor than I remember (there was a hilarious shot today, someone said to Steffy or whatever that daughter's name is "Your father's so angry he can't even talk!" and then the camera zooms to him. It was brilliant in the worst way.), KKL trying to wring some pathos out of this mess and failing spectacularly and Susan Flannery delivering in every single one of her scenes. I have no idea how she does it with these superficial scripts and badly plotted storylines. She is the only, ONLY reason anyone should even think about this show.

• Members

I cant stand the bastard. I think he is definitely using Steffy to get to Ridge and I am thinking this is all part of his plot to bust up Brooke and Ridge. Ridge gets on my last nerve too but out of the two I'll take Ridge over Rick. I hope it comes out that all this was just part of his plot to get to Ridge and break up his mother's marriage and I hope Steffy is the one to shoot the bastard. While I am at it, my two cents on Brooke, shes as dumb as they come. She knows her son is a lowlife snake and hes just pushing Ridge slowly but surely in Taylors direction and I for one would love to see them back together, I dont know..I always thought they were good together

• Members

Well at least it isn't a shooting. I can't remember the last time we had a fire. I hope it's actually a who-done-it and they do it right. (Obviously those hopes are too high). Assuming it isn't Ridge to leave out the obvious person....only others I can think of would be Thorne, Felicia, Marcus, and Owen. I'm going to go with the dispensable two. If they've run out of stuff for Marcus, then it could be him. He's just been floating around since the Steffy breakup. Same goes for Owen, he's just been wafting since the swim line. Shame because all of them have potential.

• Members

Don't forget Pam.

Rick disses her crochet work.

I just don't have high hopes that the arsonist will be the right person. And will the Baker Boys, ever close a case based on their supposed, detective skills?

• Members

I still think that a Marcus vs. Rick rivalry over Steffy and the company would have a lot of potential for the future generation. If necessarily, recast Marcus. But just make sure he doesn't get "Thorned" too quickly. Allow him to win some at least in the beginning for the rivalry can have some legs to it.

Archived