AMC: Carruthers talks about Bianca/Reese relationship

Guest dc cubs

Count me as one of those Bianca fans that don't recognize her anymore. Her last 2 returns that were each about 4 months have decimated the character so that she is no longer recognizable to me. Bianca is now a selfish brat who has lost her brain.

Two episodes ago Bianca stormed in to Kendall's house and demanded she be at her wedding. She said she couldn't get married without her there. When Kendall said she couldn't do it because of the betrayal Binks finally got a clue as to how much she hurt her sister. Yet, I never heard an apology from her to Kendall about not discussing using Zach as their donor.

Then Kendall agrees to attend the wedding on the condition that Binks leaves Paris after the wedding. Bianca agrees but changes her mind in today's episode. When Kendall hears this she gets ticked and leaves. Erica offers to postpone the ceremony for a few hours until they can find Kendall. Bianca says no, I'm getting married now whether Kendall likes it or not. So much for Bianca not being able to get married without her sister there.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Just for the record I've never found Zach palatable with any of the women mentioned above. I have yet to see Zach in a relationship with a woman that doesn't make me RME, except for Myrtle and Miranda. (And I'm not sure Miranda counts since she was first portrayed by those adorable twin boys.)

• Members

I think ER's Bianca has chemistry with TB's Reese that rivals or surpasses Bianca's romantic predecessors. JP, I don't know what you need to witness sexual chemistry. Romance is bigger than sex, and I think you're splitting hairs a bit there to make your point.

I disagree with those who have said this has ruinned Bianca. In what way? That she's no longer Saint Bianca? That she's acted insecure, perhaps desperate? A little selfish? I think it's showing sides of the character that were always there. You can go on a long time looking at your parents with a "don't do this" caption below who they are, as Bianca likely did with Erica. But at some point, when you are subjected to situations that push you to your limit, you will probably - subconsciously - resort to the very behaviors you wanted to avoid... That's what happened to Bianca. THAT is where the story was.

What the story didn't need to do was to have Reese "go there" with Zach (as I said with more detail in my previous post). That's what puts a knife in the heart of an otherwise good storyline.

• Members

I don't think Bianca's been ruined. Saint Bianca made me sick.

Has she been insecure, selfish and not particularly bright? Certainly. She's a Kane woman! Erica and Kendall are exactly the same way.

I haven't minded what's been "done" to Bianca as much as I've been disappointed in the way she became a bit player in what was supposed to be her story. Binks/Reese had the potential to become something great. But they were sacrificed at the altar of Fronsian narrow-mindedness.

• Members

Bianca has acted OOC under Pratt's hack writing, Bianca would have NEVER done this to her sister in a million years(Zach wouldn't have done it either)

Pratt doesn't care about characters as long as he can pimp his pet. He so obviously tried to reshape characters into what HE thinks they should be, not who they are, and it bombed very badly

• Members

If they are trying show this story as 2 lesbians finding love, starting a family and making a daytime milestone then they have horribly missed the point. The more I see them, the more apparent it is why they should NOT be marrying. Bianca barely knows her and Reese is confused as hell about her sexuality. This marriage was over before it even started

• Members

That, I disagree with. I think Bianca didn't see it "doing anything" to Kendall. And again, I go back to what I said before... when you're caught up in the moment of being in love and wanting a family.. I can see Bianca being self-involved. It pushes the envelope, but isn't out of character.

Zach, I'm not sure about. I can't say he would NOT do it, especially if he's betrayed. I see him as a darker character who will do anything for his loved ones, but will put himself first if he's crossed. Two attractive women want his sperm? No, I'm not sure he'd refuse that offer.

I know Zach & Kendall are the money couple, but they're not perfect. They're both selfish, and I think that's what makes them more interesting. If all they were to do is boink like jack-rabbits and raise their kids, they would be permanent DVR-skip-button for me.

Unfortunately, there's truth to that... That is how it's ending up.

But what disappoints me is THAT isn't what we thought we were signing up for. I don't think anyone did.

• Members

I should've been clearer. I wholeheartedly agree about the baby stuff. The baby mess is a complete clusterf*ck and it never, never, never should've happened. It was OOC and it played into Frons' baby rabies.

AMC has seen enough sperm donations, high-risk births and WTD madness to populate ten episodes of ER, Private Practice and Law & Order:SVU.

Guest dc cubs

I too thought it was totally OOC for Bianca to ask Zach to be the donor without consulting Kendall. If Bianca didn't see it "doing anything" to Kendall than why didn't she tell her about it. Why did she keep it a secret? She did that because she knew that Kendall would have an issue with it. She kept putting off telling Kendall because she didn't want to deal with Kendall's reaction.

• Members

Yeah, I know I'm in the minority on that one. I just don't think it's that out there for Bianca. Yes, I can see how she would do it. As a writer, would I have made the same choice? Probably not.

I guess I'm not as bothered by it... But honestly, I don't know what else one could come up for Zach & Kendall that doesn't involve a love triangle (which we all know is blasphemous and completely out of the question).

I just figure it's a lot more interesting than watching Zach & Kendall sit around and "be in love," though I concede there are fans who would be happy with that. Call me selfish.... like Bianca. :)

• Members

Why Zach? If Bianca wanted another kid so bad why would she choose the ONE man that would cause her and her family the most trouble? It was incredibly selfish of her to not consider Kendall, or her kids in this. She got what she wanted and now drops this huge bomb on her and expecting her to just "deal with it". WTF? She is really lucky Kendall hasnt slapped her annoying little butt back to France yet

• Members

Honestly I'd KILL to have just two minutes of happiness for Zendall, they haven't had a moment's peace literally since they re-married, it's been coma 1 to faux affair to satin slayer to babies in peril, to a hole of redemption to grief sex to coma 2 to sperm donations

I so want to be able to love Bianca again someday. This stranger on my screen who calls her self Bianca is unrecognizable to me

So much WORD to this, so much WORD!

Archived