AMC: Carruthers talks about Bianca/Reese relationship

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Then what in the hell was the kiss about and why is Reese staying on the show to cozy up to Zach?

I think maybe the writers gave Pratt the idea but she's INSANE to say we're making it up in our tiny pea-sized brains.

He taking to the gays so i bet he would say something diff if he was talking to some else.

No wonder she gets along with Frons the women is off her freaking rocker.

It's just not reese Zach's been flirting BIGTIME. However i guess thats all in out minds as well!

• Members

Oh dear, this woman is an idiot...

I'd like a possible Zeese pairing and all, but since the day Resse stepped foot in Pine Valley, there've always written this hidden connection between Zach and Resse, and that's the fault of the audience? :huh:

I hate it when soap exects blame the audience for their own stupidity.

• Members

I get spoilers from ABC/AMC (then there's also ABC Hotsheet/Soapnet, that's all ABC), and the spoilers are worded worse than what plays in terms of Reese's confusion and attraction, and she's saying the audience is re-writing it? lol. They've been playing R/Z much more than R/B, and that was sealed with a very passionate kiss today.

I'm both amused and offended.

• Members

Way to talk down to your audience there Carruthers.

Sounds like a bad version of damage control

Reese never waivered in her love for Bianca? Is that why she's been practically humping Zach's leg since she came to town and was confessing feelings for him?

I like that the interviewer wasn't "soft" and didn't let her slide by easy

The ratings are strong? If she considers this strong ratings she really is smoking something funny. I'd be disturbed if it were me to think of these kinds of ratings as STRONG ratings

Seriously she needs to back away from whatever she's smoking. Sounds like she's pissed the audience didn't drink the "Reese is love" kool-aid, and she's doing a bad version of damage control by making it the audience's fault

• Members

They've also poured a hell of a lot of dept into Resse and Zach, even more so than Bianca and Zach too. I mean those stares Resse and Zach have exchanged, those insightful conversation, how Zach is always the one Reese opens up, etc. If that was the case, it worked for me, I've seen great chemistry between the two characters.

• Members

I think Frons and Pratt believed Tamara Braun was such an icon, her mere presence would make the viewers side with her. Carruthers went along. They assumed viewers would be pacified with a few token kisses and a token bed scene between Reese and Bianca, and then slowly be drawn into the connection between Zach and Reese. I don't think they realized how cynical soap fans are today, that fans weren't so dumb as to automatically love Reese just because Bianca gave long speeches proclaiming her virtues, that fans weren't jumping for joy at seeing Erica's only son murdered in order to give Zach and Reese another "bonding" moment, while Erica barely even got to react to Josh's death, or that all the fans were not going to see Kendall as being paranoid or unfair, because many fans believe Reese to be everything Kendall believes, if not worse.

I've sometimes thought this story was designed to help ease Kendall out, to make Tamara Braun the central heroine if TB agreed to stay with the show, but this story has actually been more of a help to Kendall than it has to anyone else involved, because these people are all so stupid and self-righteous and even though she's no angel herself, she at least sees them for what they are.

Archived