ABC needs to give Florencia Lozano anything she wants.

• Members

If I were ABC please do whatever possible to keep Ms. Lozano employed. That means a short term contract with outs, allow her to do her other projects and do whatever is possible. Tea's return is the best soap return all year. Imagine that Andrea Evans returned and was such a bomb. Everything they did wrong with Tina's return, they did write with Tea's return. They had FL coming back looking better then freaking ever. The woman is one of most gorgeous women on the planet. Not to mention she came back and was intergrated with all the vets like Slezak, TSJ, Susan Haskell, Kristen Alderson. WHO DOESN'T THIS WOMAN HAVE CHEMISTRY WITH. The funny thing is she returned in 2002 in the dumbest return and she is back with a vengence, you can tell Carlivati looks FL. Apparently FV/BF/RC offered FL a long term contract and she declined. She is open to return again but please ABC needs to counteroffer. IMO this works so well because FL has chemistry with TSJ, they sizzle but a different chemistry then RH. LA DIVA LOZANO ROCKS THE HOUSE. Please ABC offer her the sun, moon, and stars to stay. How awesome is Florencia Lozano?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

#1) From a very good source- The original plan with Andrea was to bring her back (like Tuc) during Erika's various vacations. That return was F-ed from the getgo because the network was not supportive at all.

Andrea leaving was entirely Frons doing.

Back to Florencia. AMEN!!!!!!!!

She has been a revelation this go around- she sets EVERY scene a bar higher than it would have been without her.

There are very few actors that have that power to electrify every scene.

The writing served her, and she served the writing.

She also looked like she had the time of her life playing her.

The show is getting a little stale as it is and I will miss her alot.

• Members

Supposedly the entire summer was a clust--[!@#$%^&*] of network vs. Ron. It certainly showed.

Viki and Tina's relationship is one of my favorite relationships- I especially loved Tina and NIKI'S relationship in the 80's. It was awesome because Tina wanted Viki to STAY Niki, because they had so much in common. lolllllll

Maybe I see things too simply- I am not a producer-

But contracts be damned- OLTL has SO MUCH deadweight that could be ditched to keep Tea.

Budgetwise OLTL supposedly has wiggleroom as it is. Send Christian and that ugly ass Sante chick off into the sunset. Talia?" What a friggin waste. Marco? BYE! Tika???? She has no family, no storyline BYE!!! As much as I hate to say it- Michael and Marcie..... Me sleepy! BYE!!!

Take that money- Bring back Rachel *which they are- DEVELOP A STRONG FRONT BURNER AFRICAN AMERICAN family, keep Tea, give Roxie a contract...and you are on your way..

Way too much deadweight

Michael Easton would be another one I would ditch (I have warmed to him and Blair though)

• Members

FL has stated before that she likes to keep her options open and do other things but a soap contract makes that hard. Even if OLTL offered her successive short term stints which IMO would be the only option, I think the audience would balk at it eventually. Plus soaps can't write strong women in a sustained fashion. And I'm not talking about Ron, I'm talking about the genre as a whole.

If she stayed you wouldn't recognize Tea a year from now.

• Members

Marceline, you are right on the money.

Tea is being featured in a way similar to one of the characters on Law and Order or something- What is it called, a procedural?

She is a strong attorney with a past that takes- this storyline- to a whole other level.

In a years time- ESPECIALLY at ABC, let's be honest here- she would probably end up a simpering mess at the hands of GUESS WHO?

Todd.

It would obviously be Tea catfighting with one of the other female cast members in some kind of love triangle of sorts.

I still want her to stay though. lol Recurring is fine.

• Members

They wouldn't give Phil Carey what he wanted but they should give FL whatever she wants? Yeah don't think so

Sorry NO ONE but ES, RS, KDP and other OLTL vets should get whatever they want, they deserve it

I love Tuc Watkins, but I"m sick of ABC catering to actors who continually come and go

• Members

I wish she would stay, but only if Tea remained crazy, not as the old tired "true love" emo queen stuff they used to do with her. That said I think short runs could work for her just like Tuc Watkins (and yes, I think his short runs work). She comes in, causes havoc, leaves. She's the character the unwatchable Margaret Cochran could only dream of being.

• Members

I think FL left the show the first time because she wanted to do theater, so I didn't expect her to stay long this time. I also didn't expect her to knock my socks off the way she has.

I agree with a lot of everyone else's comments too tho: if she went on contract, b efore long they'd water Tea down to the point of being unrecognizable; Blair is a strong woman but how often do they actually write her that way? I'd be happy for FL to stay on, but I don't have faith they'd write well for her long term.

As for actors who come and go and come and go, I find it hard to invest in them. It was worse when Roger Howarth kept coming and going, and tho I loved his todd I just couldn't get too involved in his storylines because I knew he wouldn't be on the canvas long. I'm kind of at that point with David's character, too: love him, but if he isn't going to stick around long term, write him out for good or recast the role.

Archived