GL: February Discussion

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I guess I'll be the first one to chime in on this topic. I hated that the new month began with Mallet and Marina, but I did enjoy the Edmund/Shayne/Reva/Dinah scenes yesterday. If they take it slow with Shayne and Dinah, I might be able to get behind them as a couple (though I still believe Mallet is her soulmate). I'd love to see a Shayne/Dinah/Mallet triangle, with Marina going to CA to live with Eleni. I'm really looking forward to the next three Otalia days. I'm really looking forward to Phillip's return next week. I'm anxious to see who spends Valentine's Day together, particularly Frank/Natalia/Olivia. I'm sure it'll be Frank so they can torture us a little more! :D

Last I heard, Grady/Daisy/Ashlee/Rafe were all being written out. Is this still true? And if so, when is a last airdate for them, particularly Grady/Daisy. It can't come soon enough!

• Members

Actually, only Grady is being written out. The rumor is that Ash will turn out to be Rick's kid, via sperm donation and they are SORAS James to pair him with Daisy, which makes no sense.

I liked how the scenes on Monday connected to each other...instead of being in a world of their own.

• Members

Why make Ashlee Rick's daughter when we never even see the kids he has? Just write her out.

I'm so glad Jeff Branson left that horrible role on AMC. He's doing a great job as Shane. He's lucky because Shane never had a popular actor in an adult version of the role, but I still like his take on the role. I never understood why a child of Josh and Reva would be so weak. He also has very strong chemistry with Dinah. I don't know how I feel about Edmund being this dead woman's father (is she actually dead?), but I'm happy to see Edmund again. He's best as an antihero, a man who can sometimes do good deeds and yet still tower about the hypocrites. I hope he has more to do this time than he did in that lousy Bad Seed story last year.

Has Kim Zimmer lost some weight?

How long has Reva been pregnant? Is she going to keep the child?

• Members

I think I remember reading an interview with KZ a while back when she said they decided to make Reva pregnant right when she'd gone on this workout kick.

I agree about Jeff Branson. I never cared for any of the other actors who have portrayed "adult" Shayne, but I really like this guy.

• Members

So I'm watching some clips on Youtube to prepare myself for Monday. I'm currently watching some scenes from 1/30 and I'm liking what I'm seeing so far, in particular, there's a good scene between Branson and Zimmer. But I'm sitting here thinking how much better it would be with a good old-fashioned GL musical cue. I like silence and feel that sometimes it can give the scene added emphasis, but when the entire scene is silent, it's kind of off-putting IMO.

It also saddens me cause GL used to have some brilliant scoring. Not to mention that I think that the HOTL opening would go really well with the new format. It always showed a great deal of outside scenes of each season. I can already imagine what some of the shots would be. Of course, I just want that theme, not so much for the open, but I truly miss the variations on that theme, ESPECIALLY the great solo piano version.

• Members

Agree about Branson..he is a great find. To think Shane grew up from being a skinny, queeny little twink to this. It makes me laugh to envision West as Shane in scenes with Togani's Dinah..she would eat the poor little thing alive!

The show has been so good lately, but I have been burned by this show so often in the past eight years that I am expecting to get a clone, painting jumping, Ben Reade as a serial killer or MAC thrown in that I have been holding off my love. The "gay," storyline is slowly turning into an umbrella storyline (who woulda figured) more people are being used (oh my God, I saw Rick several times this month being a good natured dogooder Bauer buttinsky like his old self ) the Coopers arent the center of the universe and besides a few misses (M and M, Grady and the awful Daisy) the show is mostly entertaining. My new fave Super Couple are Dinah and Reva...more electric then any of the scenes Reva has had with the dreaded JON.

• Administrator

Since I can't watch episodes on CBS.com, anyone know any Youtube channels where I can watch full episodes? Please PM me. Do not post links on the boards. Network spies will probably shut down the youtube channel. ;)

Dan being positive about GL? :o

Archived