The Nelson Ratings: Jan. 19, 2009

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The biggest problem with the Emmys and the Daytime Emmys especially is the fact that the people who are voting the winners don't get to see most of the people they are voting on. The use of Blue Ribbon Panels was supposed to solve that problem but even with that it is too limited and just gives way to block voting.

With the Oscars the Academy gets the chance to see the movies - plus the movies do the campaigns and send out the tapes to the whole academy so they get to see the nominees then.

With the Golden Globes they are decided by the Foreign Press who take the time to see all the movies and shows they nominate.

for the Emmys esp. the Daytime Emmys to ever get over the poltics they have got to adapt a system that allows for more people to vote and more people to see the work of the people they are voting for.

• Members

I was just going to make a post about EM as Brady. With this John/Marlena storyline he really does have me believing he's John's son. And while I may be in the minority of people who liked KL, Eric is doing a damn good job. I don't even see Ethan when watching him, but I never accepted Eric as Ethan so that's probably why..

• Members

Word. I stopped watching awards shows for the awards years ago. I don't watch the Oscars at all, for the most part, and I don't watch the Globes at all. I watch both Emmys, but I really don't care about the primetime awards. I watch the Daytime Emmys because I like the idea of celebrating the industry and feeling good about it for at least once a year.

Bullshit.

I'd be thrilled to know why Luke and Noah are even in a relationship together.

Archived