ATWT: Week of January 5, 2009

• Members

Oh please....Ron Carlivati is soooooooooooo OVERRATED!! I am glad he is tanking the ratngs. :D

As for ATWT...the same drivel. Jack against Craig..blah..blah..blah...Puberty at it again.....Jean Pissy sure sucks and so does Goutman.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yes, both actress were mediocre at best and you couldnt tell them apart. I hear Lucy might be back though.

The reveal could have definetly been better. But look who is writing and supervising the [!@#$%^&*], Goutman and Pissy. Although,

• Members

I have to disagree with you on this one. Lindstrom is fabulous! He has not missed a beat.

However, I recently checked back into ATWT because of the Brian story, but I should have known that PissAnt was going to screw it up (I agree with everything else you have said in your other posts). My feeling is that the reveal was too soon, and where do you take Brian from here? Lawrence Lau, who I might add has held up very nicely over the years, is a wonderful addition to the cast, but what do you do with his character going forward? How many scenes do we have to watch of him telling yet another person he's gay - will the character be more than just gay (with Luke, who makes me want to hurl huge chunks, there is nothing to the character outside of being gay)? The reveal was a let down only because it should have been pushed back several weeks or even months. Let Brian and Luke fool around and possibly have sex (I don't care if Noah is not the one to de-flower Luke because I care about the story overall and Nuke should not be the story - the story should be the story). I am completely disappointed, and the moment Brian is gone, so am I.

GutterTrashman and PissAnt ruin everything they touch. This goes right up there with OLTL's gay politician story, which took the show to a 3.1. The head writer ended the story in 2 weeks so that they could make Spencer Truman front and center. Need I mention what that horrible story did to the show for an entire year? The Brian reveal ranks right up there with OLTL's travesty. For some odd reason, people seem to think you have to be gay to like a good story with gay characters. Idiots!

:blink:

• Members

Brian will most likely be gone by spring, if not earlier. Short-term stories that have no effect on the future. That's what ATWT is all about now. Once Brian is out of the picture, Luke and Lucinda will smooth it over and act like it never happened. And then we'll get the next roadblock to the magnificently amazingly awesomely greatly grand love story that is Luke and Noah. And the fans will bitch even more.

Sometimes I wonder why I even bother with this show. If it wasn't my late grandma's favorite, I'd probably feel no attachment to it anymore.

• Members

I just don't understand the fascination with the guy. At least before when TIIC have brought in a ringer from ABC (like Howarth, Brown and McClain) they had some kind of cache. Lindstrom is just boring in the role. Block definitely had more snark, Meek had more charm. IMO, Bryce is the definitive Craig, and TIIC wasted his talent in a thanklessly one-dimensional role. When I see second-tier actors like Columbino (Katie) and Peck (Brad) and even Beck (Lily, who finally managed a spark of life again since summer) steal their scenes opposite him...it just makes his defects seem more obvious.

I've honestly never been a fan of Luke's story, since TIIC brought Hansis on and took Luke out of the closet. They refuse to make him a fully-rounded character...all he ever does is take whatever situation he's in, and whine about how his sexual preference is stifled by it. This story with Brian is no different. Yes, I think it's a cop-out to just tie him up in a pretty pink bow,

and move on to the next cockblocking speed bump in the Nuke relationship.

TIIC need to work on making their characters interesting, which is where Nuke fails miserably, IMO. And did you notice how quickly Luke's drinking has been shoved aside?? He told Lily the other day, and it was practically an afterthought. :rolleyes:

• Members

:lol: Love what you put in the spoiler tag.

As for Lindstorm he is ok. I agree that he is boring as Craig. He looks the part but is just one note again. All the Craigs have been one note excluding Bryce. Hunt Block did show some different during Bryant's death scenes.

The problem with ATWT is that it's a boring show. The stories end too quickly without any pay-off for the audience. Most stories have little rooting value. And stories are repeated over and over again. Jack huffing and puffing about Craig again?? Again??? are you [!@#$%^&*] serious?? I wish Carly would tell Jack to [!@#$%^&*] off and go his merry way with Janet. Henry has time to write a book?? I didnt even know he was an author. He and Katie must have learned how to become famous novelists during their marriage.....rolle eyes :rolleyes:

To sum it up:

The show is boring with repetitive storylines with second tier and third tier actors leading the stories. :rolleyes:

• Members

LMAO! You know I never hesitate to spread the gospel of why Nuke sucks. You're so right, though. As much as I love the idea behind this story, the way it played out is just so lame. Luke is such a desirable sexual being, of course he is, and that's why Brian just couldn't hesitate trying to get a piece of that @$$. Psh. And after this is all over with, Noah and Luke will still be sexless, and there'll be a woman who comes along to try to steal Noah away. She'll be written off. They'll be sexless. Some random dude comes up to steal Luke. He'll be written out. They'll be sexless. It's one of many ATWT patterns.

And just to be consistent, and only a little off topic, I was doing the laundry yesterday, and from out of nowhere it just hit me how insulted I truly am with Nuke. I feel like this pairing...just came up out of nowhere. And I know that I always say that, but it's really true. I feel like...in a random meeting with writers and producers, someone said, "Well...we have to show them that we mean business with Luke, don't we? Well, let's give him a boyfriend, I guess. And we really don't have to worry about writing a real story behind it...just put them together. They'll just take it like that, as long as Luke has a boyfriend."

UGH.

Nah, he and Katie went to college to become authors. They took the "accelerated program" for it, though, kinda like how Lucy took the "accelerated" med school program, and thus became a doctor in less time than it took me to complete the standard high school curriculum.

• Members

I love you....but I disagree. All Block showed was that he couldn't cry. To this day, what I remember about that show was Hal offering his condolences to Craig, who'd been nothing but a complete ass to him, and Carly and Emily's scene where they commiserated on dying too soon. Todd Rotondi was pretty much a nothing in the role, but that was one of the worst mistakes TIIC ever made, IMO. His status as Lucinda's grandson and "heir to the throne" and the conflict they could have generated between Craig and Bryant for AGES should have been enough to put the brakes on that idiotic decision.

No rooting value is a huge problem. Two stories stick out----Em's hookerdom and the Craig/Meg/Paul/Ro quad. It's hard to not give a woman sinking to the depths of prostituition to prove her self-worth rooting value, but somehow TIIC did it. Nothing against KMH, who I can take or leave...but dayum. Talk about a wasted opportunity---to this day, it's the best kept secret in Oakdale. There was absolutely no fallout from that at all.

The Quad from Hell...well, I don't think a lot of your audience is supposed to side against your star-crossed lovers...but damned if Paul and Meg came out looking good from that.

I will say....as much as I hate the thought of Craig stomping into Carjack's story...at least it's consistant. There should ALWAYS be people who are at odds. Babs/Margo. Susan/Kim. James/Paul. Even Craig/Dusty. It defines characters. It creates a natural way to generate story. What I'm gonna hate is that Jack/Craig will be nothing but Craig spouting smug one-liners at Jack.

Yeah, I can hear them now... "we get a bonus for making our gay person from a core family? SWEET!! *throws dart* Look...it's Luke! Well...I guess Parker's really too young to make gay anyway..." or some such b.s.

But I do think it's funny little Parker is getting more action that Luke. ;)

• Members

:lol: :lol:

Honestly, Parker's only a little neurotic. He's not what most girls that age consider attractive (unless they're a mini-ho...which he's found), but in real life, he'd definitely have two or three girls (or guys) who'd want him. He's appealing in a certain way. But Luke? Naaaaah, too much baggage on that drama queen. I wouldn't hit that!

Archived