Y&R: Now is the time to bring Mac back...

• Members

I completely agree that not everyone should be related to Newmans, Abbotts and Winters'. I don't want Y&R to become DAYS, for crying out loud. Everyone is a Brady somehow on that show.

Jana not being a member of those families is not why I don't see the point of her being on the show. Aside from what happens on Monday's US episode, Jana has not entertained me at all. Emily O'Brian is a great actress, but Jana as a character... same goes for Kevin. I LOVED Kevin when he first came and was that internet psycho. But ever since he became a good boy, he's been so useless. Now they're trying to make him bad again, but I am just not into it anymore.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Didn't her "bad side" include helping psuedo-Nazis kill people and steal home ec (RELIQUARY!) projects? Honestly, she's such a haphazard character. I admit the actress has a certain charm but find the hoops they've jumped through to keep her utterly ridiculous and not worth the hassle.

• Members

At this point Lily has proved a popular staple so I wouldn't get rid of her although she's not a favorite of mine. Now Jana? Get rid of her NOW. Just a complete waste of time, much like Colleen (only she gets screentime). I personally don't want Mac back because I fear they'd recast. What are the chances Bashioum wouldn't return for Kay's funeral? That said to me maybe they have long term plans for Mac and don't want viewers putting Bashioum's face to the characters name. I'm fine with recasts, but I like that Y&R traditionally hasn't gone overboard with it. I'd do everything to get Ashley Bashioum back. I'd get rid of Jana and put an increasingly unstable Kevin with Mac. It would also help create more Chancellor drama (which I love) since Kevin robbed Kay.

• Members

QUOTE (Chris B @ Jan 4 2009, 01:34 PM)
At this point Lily has proved a popular staple so I wouldn't get rid of her although she's not a favorite of mine. Now Jana? Get rid of her NOW. Just a complete waste of time, much like Colleen (only she gets screentime). I personally don't want Mac back because I fear they'd recast. What are the chances Bashioum wouldn't return for Kay's funeral? That said to me maybe they have long term plans for Mac and don't want viewers putting Bashioum's face to the characters name. I'm fine with recasts, but I like that Y&R traditionally hasn't gone overboard with it. I'd do everything to get Ashley Bashioum back. I'd get rid of Jana and put an increasingly unstable Kevin with Mac. It would also help create more Chancellor drama (which I love) since Kevin robbed Kay.

This is also why I believe Mac did not return for the funeral...I think a future recast is planned.

If, as many speculate,

, then we have a viable Billy-Mac-Kevin triangle. But how do they get Jana out of the way?

(For the record, I enjoy Jana). I think the seeds were set last week. Jana took a SUDDEN turn to the dark side. It was fairly unmotivated, given her karmic conversion over the past year. Yes, River betrayed her faith, but...

Remember, Jana has 1% of the brain tumor left in her head. It seems clear to me, when we see her go darker, that Jana is returning to her evil, brain-tumor-induced ways. I think we're embarking on a story that will see her die...either of the cancer, or being harmed in the line of doing some devious duty.

I'll go one further.

• Members

Co-sign and co-sign.

Jana is full of potential. I would like to see them explore her past, and possibly even introduce some family members (from the non-Nazi side of the family).

As for Mac, as much as I'd love to have Kimsey back (and yes, I know that will never happen), the character is not needed at the moment.

• Members

I don't think the current writers should do anything to re-visit LML's crap. The brain tumor was almost as stupid as the reli-whatever storyline and was just done to cover up the stupid writing of having Jana killing Carmen. If LML had planned anything long term, Carmen would have been killed by the mob to get at David but she just flew by the seat of her pants and trashed almost all the characters on canvas in the process.

Different strokes....I hated Mac as a character and do not like seeing surly miserable poor me characters on my screen. Only recast if they can find someone better than all the previous actresses combined. Besides, didn't Ash Bash quit acting to become a plastic surgeon?

Archived