2009: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I guess. If she's still working in the industry and my desire comes back to do so as well, I might have a different perspective.

I don't know. Any information I do get it's from somebody else within the family.

If you both say so! :lol: I've never seen either show... except for that clip of the dude licking his own man boob. Somehow, I can never escape that. :rolleyes:

• Members

Yeah, that's Family Guy, which is nothing more than a series of hit-or-miss one-liners. American Dad actually tells stories within an episode. And they have an alien-who-acts-like-Paul-Lynde. That in and of itself is classic. She writes for the better one, definitely. :lol:

(Sorry to get OT - but it is about writing!)

• Members

Thankfully, Mike Cohen got the boot at Y&R.

He has written one particular awful episode recently. Actually all ABC escapees except for Beall annoy the hell out of me with their "hip" and "urban" style of dialogue. Thanks, but no thanks.

Teresa Zimmerman on the other hand has been doing fabulous. But as we know since Melissa Salmons this isn't the key ingredient to survive in Maria Arena Bell's universe.

BTW; I FLOVE American Dad, mostly due to Roger. Family Guy not so much.

• Members

With Mo, i always found it to be an awful unwatchable show and 90% of it was due to bradnys lack of talent.

Byt the end she learned how to sitcoma ct and i liked the stories for the first time. The first season is so cheasy and so bad all around, like 90210, its unwatchable.

• Members

I love the first season of 90210. It has so much more depth than most of the teen dramas on TV now, even though I love GG... well loved before Blair and Chuck became so vanilla.

I knew it was the Cleveland Brown show too LOL. American Dad has even less Black people than Family Guy does.

• Members

So let me get this straight: because R Sinclair's cousin has worked on a Black sitcom, you two assumed almost immediately that she'll be working on a spin-off about a Black (cartoon) character (and not "American Dad", as brimike and I had assumed before)?

Wow. That's like racial profiling for TV writers!

• Members

This is how Hollywood works. I didn't have to IMDB her name. If there is a shortage of Black actors in front of the screen, there sure as hell is a drought behind the scenes. And you say this as if I'm prejudice against Raynelle. I'm not. It's the system that sucks.

I wish I was wrong and that she is an Editor on "American Dad." But I've just IMDBed her and she's not. She's a writer on "The Cleaveland Show." :)

Archived