Y&R: What's Happend to Victor Newman?

• Members

I love TGVN but his scenes the past few months have been so dry and emotion less. He was great when he had that diease a while back. SO many raw emotions. But now it's so one note and dreary. I don't even like to watch his scenes anymore becasue they lack so much. Is it just me or can anyone else add to this. Is EB getting lazy in his acting. He speaks so soft and says the same things over and over again. Is this the doing of Hogan Sheffer?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm with you Eric.

Half of what he says is unintelligble.Watching Ashley fawn over him,and his children being grateful that he deigns to accept them,is too much.

In my book he has gone from being a love to hate character to just plain intolerable.

Victor should no longer be the leading man on the show.

A father,grandfather and businessman-yes,but the be all and end all of Genoa City NO!

• Members

I hate that it eventually all comes down to Victor. He will overstep anyone he has to and he will do whatever he wants because he's Victor Newman. It only makes me wish he wouldn't get back with Nikki unless he gets a heart one day. Also, it's stupid to make it clear that both Adam and Heather will go down just because Victor wants them down.

I guess that's how Jack feels all the time.

• Members

As much as Victor and Eric Braden have bugged me for years, I hated the s-hit LML made him do. That whole blackout and best friends with Jack crap was total character assassination. At least this Victor is a lot closer to the one right before LML, even if he's intolerable. Victor just shouldn't be some saint-like figure, eww. Victor's been degrading women and his children for years, which is nothing new though.

• Members

Oh my gosh.

I loved that surprising change of pace to death--excusing that a forehead (frontal lobe) butt would have been UNLIKELY to cause TEMPORAL lobe epilepsy. And that epilepsy would have caused that level of delusion and hallucination and personality change.

Ignoring the neurological reality, the story was surprising, funny, and sweet (Nikki taking care of Victor, who only wanted to retire and see the "100 Places To See Before You Die"). The story, like all of LML's, went bad...but it was a delight to me for several months. Indeed, it restored my love for Y&R.

Archived