Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

He's holding another campaign rally on Wednesday. I just wonder how those people are going to feel knowing they've given him money for a re-election that isn't going to happen.

He can keep blaming everyone and his cult will believe him but thinking people know better. I finally heard some analysts admit that he's hopeless. People like Kasich who say he's going to learn from his mistakes must be oblivious to his tweeting. He's stupid for promoting a call to have Paul Ryan resign a position no one wants. Republican incompetence summed up:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/25/opinion/sunday/donald-this-i-will-tell-you.html?_r=0

Even if she believes it, I wish Feinstein would not say things like that publicly. If given a choice between impeachment and resigning he probably will resign but they're not there yet so it's best to let things play out.

• Members

I guess that would explain why he didn't shake her hand. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/26/magazine/trump-vs-congress-now-what.html?action=click&contentCollection=magazine&region=rank&module=package&version=highlights&contentPlacement=1&pgtype=sectionfront

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/03/trump-obamacare-republicans-freedom-caucus-236515

But Trump’s ire, apparently, wasn’t limited to the conservative rebels. Appearing on NBC’s “Meet the Press” Sunday, Rep. Charlie Dent (R-Pa.) — leader of the moderate Tuesday Group — confirmed that Trump upbraided him during a recent meeting at the White House and accused him of “destroying” the Republican Party. Dent was referring to an anecdote published Sunday in the New York Times Magazine describing the tense confrontation.

“According to an attendee, Trump angrily informed Dent that he was ‘destroying the Republican Party’ and ‘was going to take down tax reform — and I’m going to blame you,” the magazine’s Robert Draper reported.

Dent told “Meet the Press” host Chuck Todd that the exchange did take place and said he listened to the president “very respectfully.” He also said he had no plans to back down in the face of Trump’s anger.

• Members

I watched the MTP replay on COZI and it's almost amazing to see how politicians live on separate islands in the same space. Draper appeared alongside Lee of Utah on video and both were against the bill for different reasons. Lee used the this close line that is supposed to represent something less than failure but Draper seemed more candid and realistic about it. Mulvaney was first up gloating about the impending failure being the Democrats fault and making out as though Trump is cool with Paul Ryan. Trump is delusional if he thinks the Democrats are going to watch the AHCA fail and then come running to him. That idiot doesn't get that he's supposed to be the one with the plan not them.

Tom Brokaw didn't sugarcoat the shortcomings of Trump.

Too many people in the media seem to be stuck in this perplexed state where they seemingly believe that Trump is going to suddenly morph into a real national leader. Unless Fox News is going to compile a series on how to handle policy that he can absorb in less than 15 minutes, they can forget about him learning anything. They need to accept what and who he is and stop trying to present him as what they want him to be. Even the way they summarize his tweets and actions make him sound better than he is. Chuck Todd managed to turn his threat about how the Democrats were going to have to come to him to get a healthcare bill done into some sane statement about his knowing that he will eventually work with the Democrats. They constantly normalize his insanity when they summarize what he does and says in such reasonable terms.

I don't at all believe she said any such thing. I think she basically ignored his attempt into provoking her into giving him the upper hand. He was the one pouting.