Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I don't understand the stock market well enough to get why Trump's negative comments about a company is used to drive the value down.  Nordstrom apparently dipped earlier because he went on twitter to criticize them for dropping Ivanka's line, then retweeted the criticism from the POTUS twitter account.  I saw a few days ago that there were threats to not shop there and whining about liberals not being the only ones to shop there.  I doubt that they can take down Nordstrom so his tweet having an effect seems ridiculous.

Regardless, he should not be allowed to use his position to threaten businesses over his family's business ventures. 

All those people who gleefully repeat his pledge to take $1 must not be able to tell the difference between the $400,000 (plus $50,000 for expenses) and the millions his golf weekend cost and the millions his wife and son cost living in NY. 

Throw in Melania's money grab lawsuit and you've got the first family grifters.

• Members

I don't even know what to say...

http://money.cnn.com/2017/02/06/news/economy/donald-trump-beattyville-kentucky/index.html?iid=ob_lockedrail_bottomlarge

Here are some excerpts:

Trump won 81% of the vote in Beattyville. People here love that Trump doesn't "sugarcoat" anything. They feel he understands them, even though he's a billionaire.

"Donald Trump's got all the money he'll ever need," says Steve Mays, judge-executive for the county and life-long Beattyville resident. The 49-year-old says he's never been more excited about a president than he is now. "Trump will be a president for the common man."

and:

Today, the town is a ghost of its former self. The vast majority of Beattyville residents get some form of government aid -- 57% of households receive food stamps and 58% get disability payments from Social Security.

"I hope [Trump] don't take the benefits away, but at the same time, I think that once more jobs come in a lot of people won't need the benefits," says Hayes, who currently receives about $500 a month from government assistance. She's also on Obamacare.

also:

President Trump talks about substantial change. That's what has people in America's poorest white town fired up.

"I believe he wants to take care of us, the little people," says Coomer, the gas station manager. "I think he's going to quit giving money to all these other countries and take care of America. I truly do."

• Members

Was it during W when we got those dumb rebate checks?  I remember the WH advising us to put those back into the economy and people saying, "Screw that, I'm paying bills with my check!".

Edited by Khan

• Members

I am far from a Graham or McCain lover but since when are they advocating war here? There are sanctions on Russia for a reason or do you forget that. Are we supposed to release those sanctions willy nilly? I want to know what aligning ourselves with a country who is suffering fiscally, who has an economy no larger than Italy, how that benefits the United States. This is Russia not the old Soviet Union. You know who it benefits? The oil companies like Exxon who has a huge investment in Russia they can't tap into due to those sanctions and our Sec of State is now Exxon's former CEO. We are in a position of strength here and that doesn't mean releasing sanctions just because they might be nice to us. The sanctions get released when they get their asses out of the Ukraine and how about Crimea, which is why we and all of our allies put the sanctions in place to begin with. And then to likely have someone in the White House who has no issue criticizing a much more dangerous power, China, because of the election tampering Russia did in his favor along with whatever evidence they have on him, is enough reason to limit his powers here. Add that his top advisor is an admitted Leninist and I don't have any qualms in seeing limits placed on his decision making when it comes to Russia.

• Members

How annoying to see the press clutching their chests over Spicer saying criticizing the raid is disrespectful to the dead Navy SEAL when they didn't say a word while Rove pushed this line throughout W's first term and much of his second. They don't give a damn about these games as long as they are in the loop. Only when they aren't do they throw their toys around. Pathetic.