Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Yes, and how ridiculous... Talk show hosts laughed an guffawed ENDLESSLY about "Obama giving the queen a DVD she couldn't play", when these MORONS all have no clue that the VAST majority of DVD players, all except the cheapest of the cheap sold in the UK and Europe WILL IN FACT play an american DVD. The reverse is not true... but in the UK and Europe, your'e good to go 95 percent of the time with an American DVD.

Edited by alphanguy74

• Members

A SuperPAC that supports President Civility released the most disgusting ad in political history, effectively blaming Governor Romney for a woman's death:

http://news.yahoo.co...-134635763.html

In addition to the ad being highly malicious, it has also proven to be false:

According to CNN (more of this story if you click on the above link that says "CNN reported"):

Given that Obama supporters are already doing victory laps because polls show Barry with leads in all seven swing states (CO, FL, IA, NH, NV, OH, & VA), why then resort to this type of gutter politics? Are they that insecure as to believe his candidacy will collapse to a political weakling like Romney at the last minute?

What's next? Romney being blamed for the atrocities in Syria?

Edited by Max

• Members

I never thought Romney would win. But there is a definite double standard: as you pointed out, Romney's religion is a big negative for him, but--if/when he loses--few people will say anti-Mormon prejudice is what caused Romney to lose. If Obama loses, there will be tons of cries that his loss was due to "racism."

• Members

The thing is that the common man thinks of him as being 100% black. Certainly, the black community is just as enthused about his candidacy as if he had two black parents. The only way a dark-skinned person could ever become president was to combine the intense loyalty of urban blacks with a proven track record of support in the white community as well. Obama is thus not the only person who could do this: Doug Wilder had these same type of skills, and Cory Booker attracts a lot of white support as well. (In fact, if Booker got the Democratic nomination, his charisma combined with his stellar record as mayor would win him the presidency. But, I am not so sure he could get the nomination, since he refused to demonize Bain.) To the best of my knowledge, neither Wilder nor Booker is half white.

Edited by Max

• Members

The ad makes me cringe. Paul Begala needs to tone it down over at Priorities USA. But the most disgusting ad in political history!?

And the Romney camp responds with this: “To that point, if people had been in Massachusetts, under Governor Romney’s health care plan, they would have had health care,” Andrea Saul, Romney’s campaign press secretary, said during an appearance on Fox News.

Say WHAT?

Some on the right are saying that comment just ensured Romney's loss. Which I highly doubt. But his campaign is such a joke. They are lucky the MSM is propping them up.

Edited by LeClerc

• Members

While I find the ad on the deceptive side, even though the man in the ad stands by it, I don't find it the most disgusting. I cannot think of an ad to fit that description because I usually just see the ads as misleading. I don't recall whether the McCain has a black baby was an ad but whatever it was disgusting fits the bill for that, imo.

I personally abhor the designation of community to a group of people who do not all live in the same neighborhood. I know you didn't come up with it but it's silly for an entire segment of the population to refer to themselves and to be referred to as a community since the only reason they are being lumped together is race-based and for no other reason than that. They are Americans who happen to be black and all of them aren't in love with Barack Obama either. Morgan Freeman recently referred to him as the first biracial president which is accurate unless one of the other presidents happened to be. If it weren't for the racist one-drop rule then black Americans would not have been in a position to become the gatekeepers. I'll abandon this for now in favor of this:

The fact that there are Republicans who are unhappy that Mitt Romney is Mormon has already been used to explain his previous failed attempts to get the Republican nomination and has already been mentioned as a problem for him this time around. Yesterday I watched a show with a liberal agenda and there were leaked memos making reference to this.

We happen to live in a country where racism trumps discrimination on the basis of religion. In fact the only religious discrimination likely to gain attention is if the perceived victim is a Muslim.

If Romney loses are we even going to be certain that the majority of the people who voted against him did so because they actually knew he was a Mormon amd were dead set against it. The racial prejudice isn't so hard to discern. It's part of a corner stone of the Republican primaries. Accusing McCain of having a black baby to ensure that racist white voters would steer clear of him. Newt Gingrich boasting about going to the NAACP and telling them "African-Americans" essentially shouldn't get free money of the backs of hard working white Americans. Mitt Romney's not so coded language about how foreign and un-American Barack Obama's policies are. His plan to restore Anglo-Saxon relations which went belly up. And now his opposition to the welfare waiver that he favored when he was governor and his attempt to take a page out of Newt Gingrich's book and in fact using him as a surrogate to try to pretend that welfare is doing more harm to this nation than corporate greed. Those candidates only mention black people to agitate racists who they hope will run out to the polls and vote for them and in turn those ignorant people get nothing because they will never see them as anything but a guaranteed vote.

• Members

I don't know how to embed youtube videos but here's one I came across on HP (a site I know I need to stop visiting) where Mitt Romney accuses Barack Obama of a war on religion:

I felt all warm and fuzzy inside when i saw the dead pope and read that Lech Walesa endorses that message. I mean now it's all perfectly clear....

• Members

Hello Ayn Rand, goodbye Medicare! The media will love this. They have a crush on Paul Ryan and will often refer to him as a "rock star." The far right worships him. He hates all the right people and believes in slashing the safety net to nothing.

This shows just how insecure Romney is about his position with conservatives. This is bloody, raw meat being thrown out in huge chunks. And thanks to $$$ and the media, Ryan will be sold as an icon.