The Politics Thread

• Members

I don't believe it for one second either, Carl. That being said, I will be SERIOUSLY PISSED if Rice is not the VP choice, since I believe that is the difference between winning and losing. And that is not the only reason why I will be so ticked off: Romney, his wife, and his supporters are hyping up the VP choice, with the implicit message being that Rice will get the nod. Unless they are DAMN SURE that she will be on the ticket, their actions are nonsensical, since whomever else is chosen will look like a huge disappointment in comparison. (They don't need to pander to the "true believers" as you suggested, since they will be motivated enough to vote against Obama.)

Edited by Max

• Replies 42k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

You'd think so, but Romney's entire campaign so far has been pitched to those voters.

The far right groups have been out saying they know it won't be Condi, since Romney promised them a pro-life VP. So I have to assume they're right.

• Members

Mitt Romney has no choice but to get the far right groups the pro-life VP candidate that they find acceptable.

There doesn't seem to be any real enthusiasm for him at all.

He can benefit from the Republican's anti-Obama sentiment since they seem to care more about getting rid of Barack Obama than they do about Mitt Romney, and this is an understatement.

He can also benefit from voter apathy and of course, the voter I.D. laws that they cooked up for him.

His people do risk riling up the apathetic though.

The whole C. Rice business is probably meant to distract the liberal media from their fixation on Bain. Since they're already viewing it as a ruse, it's unlikely to do him much good.

• Members

But someone told Romney and his campaign that if he plays to the ultra right-wing base he'll win in a walk. He and that party have turned off every other voting block in the country, and all he does is get mad when legit questions arise about the lies he's been telling. But, if the "Liberal Media" had been doing their jobs in the first place, instead of pushing this crap that it was so undignified for the POTUS to go after his record, maybe we could finally get to the bottom of things.

And I just read that Republicans are now getting really scared about how badly Romney has screwed his whole campaign up.

• Members

I read some articles saying they are concerned about the handling of Bain - do you remember which articles mentioned concern over the whole campaign?

I think they must know the campaign is a mess but know their $$$$ wins out over all else.

Speaking of $$$$, I hope the money train stops rolling for Palin now that she's saying Condi's pro-choice views shouldn't disqualify her. That is treason to the base of the GOP.

• Members

Money doesn't win out over all else, at least not when the Romney forces only have a little bit more than the Obama people. And all the money in the world makes little difference given that the idiots at the Romney campaign are choosing to spend little of it (and save it for the fall). Every single Republican is pissed because the Massachusetts governor just assumes that the shitty economy will carry the day while the Democrats are swiftboating his past.

Now, Barry's friends are calling Romney a "felon," and CNN has called them out on it. But Romney himself needs to be aggressive in responding to these lies.

http://www.cnn.com/2...bain/index.html

Edited by Max

• Members

That was terrible, but two wrongs don't make a right. Obama branded himself as somebody who put bring an end to this s#it, yet it was a member of his campaign staff who suggested Romney was a felon.

By the way, while Romney didn't say boo while Kerry was being swiftboated, Senator McCain eloquently defended him. But his honorable actions didn't seem to matter to liberals in the long run, as they trashed him four years later.

Edited by Max