Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Bravo. I don't think anybody would call Obamacare a good law. The only thing good about it is that it is not as brutal as the status quo. If the GOP has any ideas for a different law I'd love to hear them, but all they can talk about is repealing Obamacare and going back to the status quo? Are they that jaded to believe that we should essentially just give up trying to improve our healthcare and keep in perpetuity a system that has already been proven not to work? I think it is pretty clear you are the "party of no" when you want something repealed and don't even offer up any other kind of alternative system.

• Members

Rush Limbaugh's sponsors fleeing now stand at EIGHT! Proflowers and AOL have now fallen like dominoes. I got so MANY people who came into the store over Valentine's day and said that Proflowers sent them CRAP. No big surprise. Rush has been bloviating about it, saying he turns down millions in advertizing every year, and he will simply replace them. Yeah... replace them with the bottom feeders that he USED to turn down! LOL

• Members

Just in time for the Super Tuesday Mitt is likely to sweep, Mrs. Romney tells us that deep down, she's actually poor.

http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2012/03/05/438264/ann-romney-wealthy/

Please bring us back to the days of Nancy Reagan when those in power happily flaunted money instead of very transparently testifying about being from the real streets.

• Members

Republicans were told that it was totally beyond the pale when they criticized Michelle Obama for saying (in 2008) that she was proud of her country for the first time. Of course, it's OK to criticize the wives of GOP candidates.

Michelle was unpatriotic prior to 2008, and Ann doesn't give a rat's a$$ about the very poor. Either both statements are true, or both statements are false. To suggest that one is true while the other is false is nothing short of partisan hypocrisy.

Edited by Max

• Members

Republicans have kept on doing it, so I'm not sure if it matters whether they were criticized.

Republicans have also repeatedly called Michelle Obama a monkey, obese, and some type of threat to America. She was even attacked for wanting children to exercise. I haven't heard any of that being mentioned about Ann Romney.

• Members

Lisa Murkoswki regrets her vote on the Blunt amendment, and talks about Rush's comments.

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/03/murkowski-gop-has-spun-out-of-control-on-contraception.php?ref=fpa

Meanwhile, another far right media kingpin is trying to start a pro-Rush conversation.

http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/03/conservative_media_watchdog_launches_i_stand_with.php?ref=fpblg

• Members

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/rush-limbaugh-sponsor-exodus-sandra-fluke-station-loss-297057

Meanwhile, on Super Tuesday, Newt has won Georgia, as expected. Santorum won Tennessee and Oklahoma. Exit polls suggest Romney will win Ohio, which will be hyped by the media as a huge comeback, even though Santorum has made many stupid mistakes and Romney has bled money in Ohio for weeks - if anything Ohio should have been a romp, no contest. But hey, he's our hero, the comeback kid, from the real streets!

Romney won Vermont, and Virginia. Virginia was a little embarrassing for him, as Paul got over 40%.

• Members

Romney won Ohio, narrowly. He also won Alaska by a few points, closer than expected.

Close is still enough. There is increasing speculation Gingrich is staying in just to block Santorum from coalescing enough of the "true believer" vote to topple Romney. Maybe Gingrich feels if he can't have that role no one can.

The media narrative many longed for was that Super Tuesday was the end, Romney showed how tough he is, let's move on to November. Instead, this will slog on for a while. I think Romney will still win and then go into the general election as a husk mostly powered through anti-Obama rage. Fortunately for him, that may be all it takes to get to the White House.

In other news, Jean Schmidt, who was first elected to Congress in a very contentious election in 2005, was surprisingly defeated in her primary. She was attacked from the right, by a far right group who also ran ads trying to topple longtime Dem Congresswoman Marcy Kaptur. No one liked Schmidt (or "Mean Jean" as they called her) all that much, and I guess she got caught flatfooted.

This is probably her most famous moment.

• Members

YES. Absolutely. I miss the days when the rich in Washington owned the fact that they were glamorous and had money and happily flaunted it. Nancy Reagan was the best at it. Love or hate the Reagans, but Nancy always looked fabulous and was a good image of the US for the rest of the world.

Michelle Obama does a beautiful job, she is inherently classy and dresses perfectly and is authentic, she isn't pretending to stoop like Mrs Romney or the Bush's did.