B&B: Week of November 24, 2008

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm glad we've been seeing more of Thorne, even with such a small purpose. They could've had Ridge or even Stephanie do what he's doing, but they actually let WH have some screen time.

And go Steffy! Lots of the younger actresses on this show have been a little awkward, but I think JMW does a pretty good job for her age.

• Members

I actually think that Thorne and Donna are the end game.

Thorne and Donna have had two previous go-rounds (Carrie Mitchum had scenes with both Clayton Norcross and Jeff Trachta in that transition; and then Jennifer Gareis' character was famously engaged to Winsor's character). There is an attraction there. There is also a fair buildup of antipathy.

Yet Thorne is TOO INVOLVED in bringing down Donna. That makes me think "the opposite of live is not hate....".

I'd love to see--just as Eric is reassured that Donna loves him--Thorne and Donna fall passionately into bed :).

• Members
http://boards.soapoperanetwork.com/style_images/elegance/folder_editor_images/icon_open.gif I love when they give Susan lighter things to play. She's so good sparing with Donna. Reminds me of the good old days when Kay and Jill went at it over Phillip Sr. on Y&R. I'm also liking the new "evil" Rick. Obviously power corrupts for his Forrester sib, and it's a much needed turn to the darker side for this character who's been kept languishing on the back burner, when he's not in some ill-conceived boring romance with Phoebe, Ashley and Taylor. KL is playing the part for all it's worth, and pulling it off, I think. Good for B&B for moving him front and center.

• Members

What is it with Eric, and shouting uncontrollably at electrical appliances? Telephone, computer... They can't hear you! :lol:

:lol: @ Eric swiping everything off his desk - like a 90 year old - in that OTT melodramatic manner. I wonder who cleaned up afterwards?

Love that Thorne's being used - That's one down, many more to go!

I also liked the comedy scene with Stephanie and Donna, as well as the banter between Steffy and bad ass Rick. Actually, I'm liking the show more... well, enough to watch everyday. That's a vast improvement on once every two months!

• Members

I'm trying to get back into B&B, but this show is such a mess.

The triangle involving Stephanie, Eric and Donna is just silly. Donna is no match for Stephanie. She's not Brooke. Jacqueline should be in Donna's place. Or better yet, a recast Beth Logan should be in Donna's place. That would actually make sense and be watchable, not laughable.

And while I enjoy Thorne being used (finally!), I have to say that they're doing it the wrong way. I'm sick of Thorne and Felicia acting like they're 9 years-olds who want their parents back together. Can they really not find anything else for them to do?

• Members

When you see them at loggerheads over Eric, it really does look stupid. I don't by that Stephanie would let herself be treated in this way, let alone actually want Eric to take her back. I also don't by Eric's love for Donna - lust, maybe, but not love. That flashback montage of their moments together, were laughable, and embarrassing.

I think this is something that can be spread across the entire show - nobody grows up! It's like Neverland or something bizarre. Yeah, Thorne and Felicia are acting like spoiled kids, but look at their role models. Stephanie is still meddling in her 50 year old son's life! Ridge & Brooke act like they're 20/30 something's, no matter how many weddings they have. There's never any development, and that's been the shows problem for a long time.

If you guys think the show is bad now, then where were you for the horrendous summer? Yes, the stories suck; Yes, the dialogue sucks; Yes, the pacing sucks, as do the characters and the constant merry-go-round, but *something* has improved since then; I'm just not sure what that is.

• Members

Being stereotypical (because I suspect the writers are): Do you think this is being written for a "mediterranean" or "latin" concept of the big, meddlesome clan. Think Sopranos: You can never escape your family.

I'm wondering if this sh*t is being written this way because they think the international audience likes it this way?

Archived