Days: Could the Dee/Drake Firings Be another Ploy....????????

• Members

I just posted this over at my site SoapsWeb too.

I have been thinking about something since reading more and more of the interviews esp. Corday's words.

I am just wondering if the firings of Hall & Hogestyn is not just another Days ploy - this time not just executed on the fans but also on the other Days actors. He did say that the ones who didn't take the paycuts he would recast and stuff like that. And they are playing hardball over there making Jay come back to work even after he halted negotiations and cleaned out his dressing room.

Could Corday just be firing Hall & Hogestyn to make the other actors tow the line as they go into negotiations. They go in thinking well I am not as big of a name as Deidre Hall - what the hell can I bargain with. So they just take the paycut without fighting?

After he talks with all of them and gets them to sign and he sees how much money he saved - then boom Hall & Hogestyn are rehired at a cheaper price too.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I honestly don't think it is a ploy this time to get fans to tune in. The last time with Drake was that.

I honestly think this time it is just a scare tactic to make the other actors scared and take whatever is offered. I think he fired his two biggest ones first and then talked to the others just to show that he would fire anyone and none of them were safe.

• Members

So wait....I'm the *only* one who thinks that the both of them will be back (or at least will be offered to come back) by the end of 2009? Unless DAYS really, truly, really is in the shitter much, much worse than it's ever been, of course, but I don't put it past Cords at all to drop them and bring them back. He's done it so many times.

• Members

Offered is one thing, coming back is another. DAYS has done a lot of things through the years, they've put Deidre on the backburner too many times too count, said one thing when she says the truth is another, used her to promote the show, etc... but I think they may have crossed the line. However, she's always said that the people on the show is her family, the cast and the crew both, and she wants to stay there forever, but I hope she doesn't go back. It's just so insulting. But she'll do what she needs to do to be happy and I'll support her whatever that is.

• Members

Even if she has taken a paycut before, she should have taken another one. It's for the show and I am sure she could afford ir. Or, developed a deal like Geary has on GH where he has like six months off for the year. But, the idea that she most likely wasn't even offered one; disgusting

• Members

IMO, they shouldn't have to be in the position to have to take paycuts. Ken Corday should have known when his economy was spiriling out of control and done something about it. This is on Corday, period.

That sai, she's taken paycuts in the past and if she didn't this time, I'm sure she had a good reason, but everything I know says she would have if she was offered.

Archived