AMC: Friday, November 21, 2008

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Everything Erica was AWESOME!

Erica stopping the JR attack/attemped rape (In Erica mind anyway) of Amanda was GREAT.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSS VAL is BACK!

Erica is really whipping Fusion into shape.

Randi as the new Face of Fusion , how along before someone backmails Erica or Randi about her past?

Petey is a brown nose.

Greenlee doesn't stand a freaking chance at defeating Erica.

Don't care what has to happen but Erica needs to stay at Fusion as half or full owner.

Was that the same Val or a new one?

• Members

Greenlee you ungrateful bitch. Does she not realize that there would be no Fusion without Erica? The FDA shut the place down. Erica is the one that swooped in and resurrected it and she's finally putting some professional business sense into the company. She's making it a legitamate buisiness and not a sorority house.

• Members

Decent show today.

I've been trying to work around this but something isn't right about the Hubbard's story.

I'm not some fanbase freak. I love JnA but I have no problem with them going through angst and drama so that isn't it. But something about this story just feels wrong to me. I can't put my finger on it. I've chosen to ignore my issues with the timeline. I love the characters and I adore the actors. I want to give myself over to it but I just can't.

• Members

my problem is the obvious contradiction that this story brings up. Rebecca let Jesse go so that he could reunite with Angie. According to the current story, thats why he came out of hiding all these years so that he could be with Angie. BUT when he returned earlier this year, he had no intentions of even seeing Angie. When she saw him at the grave, he disappeard and was willing to let her think he was still dead. He was about to leave town having never reunited with her. Also around that time, we were told he was always on the run, going from place to place bc he was never safe where he was and he needed to hide from Papel. However now we find out that settled down and lived with this other family for almost 20 years? Pratt completely ignored Jesse's return story and rewrote it to fit this new one

• Members

That's definitely part of it. But for me there's also the added issue of the fact that Jesse simply doesn't act like he loved Rebecca. Not "in love" but just basic love. He treats her and Natalia like they were his college roommates. There's a coldness and a shallowness to this story (and others) that I'm having a tough time overlooking, no matter how much I want to.

Let me be clear, I'm enjoying the show but I'm not...engrossed by it. Perhaps it's just me. After everything I as a viewer have had to put up with, I don't think I'll ever love soaps the way I once did.

• Members

definetly and thats why I cant stand Jesse right now. How can you live with a woman for 20 years, have a child with her and not love her? Everything he has said since she came has been about how he always loved Angie. I cant remmeber if he ever said he loved Rebecca but he definetly doesnt act like it. He's been cold to her and denying his own child was just plain wrong. It put him in the pig category. Screw him though bc Im totally loving the Angie/Rebecca friendship and digging Natalia as well. The women are making this story worth watching.

• Members

You guys also have to understand that Jesse's return story was written by scabs and Fi-Core writers Brown and Esensten. No respect to their tales should even be expected. I'm not saying that's right, but it is what it is. Most of the Guild writers who went on strike came in and totally rewrote/reworked the things written by writers who scabbed or went Fi-Core. It's more of an inside "In Your Face, Traitors!"

• Members

Never even thought about that, but I really don't have a problem with the storyline.... I mean it is maybe moving a bit slow and boring at times, but I don't feel its disrespectful towards the characters. I actually think its quite emotionally powerful and almost real in a sense. Kind of a departure from the norm when it comes to the "other woman" stories.

• Members

It's called no chemistry. I don't buy there was ever anything but a friendship between Jessie and Rebecca. I will swallow a LOT, and this storyline violates Jesse's character, but the main reason it's not "going over" is the lack of chemistry, I think.

• Members

Today I was wondering how Darnell was feeling about this story. I don't know if it's in the writing or in his acting choices, but Jesse seems like he doesn't want to be bothered with her and he's trying to fight that coldness in order to "do the right thing." And perhaps it also has something to do with how LK is playing it, but she seems a lot like the kind of person who was WAY more into the relationship than the other party was, like Jesse must have been distracted with thoughts of Angie and Frankie for his entire relationship with Rebecca. But then again, he didn't really settle down with Rebecca did he? He kinda came and went (no pun intended) as he had other super spy on the run business to take care of, right? I thought Debbi was doing a great job today with the awkwardness over dinner, but I nearly spit out my coffee when she jumped up from the table not even a minute into the meal! :lol::lol:

Archived