GL---November discussion

• Members

I seriously couldn't find a GL topic, not that that should surprise me.

But anyway...what the HELL is TIIC's fascination with Beth's sex life? No offense to Beth Chamberlain (and her bod is to die for...) but Beth/Coop??? Granted, Beth/Alan is too disgusting to even think about seriously. But given a choice between Blake and Beth, what idiot choses Beth, who's as interesting as watching paint dry, Alan's consort and his ex-gf's mother?

And I hate what they're doing to Lizzie/Bill. Frank's an idiot if he thinks Lizzie, blindfolded, sleep deprived and just plain dumb couldn't tell the difference between the solidly built Bill (who she's slept with) and a tall, lanky stranger.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Coop's romances always seem to fizzle out. I think they kept him around because Coop/Ashlee got some buzz, but somehow he's turned into a younger version of Frank...completely sexless. I don't think he's that great...but he's got the looks to get some LA work.

• Members

Coop is just so bland. He even makes Mallet look halfway exciting. Neither his looks nor his personality really stand out, not even in sparsely populated Hooterville. A younger version of Frank is the perfect way to describe him. He's kinda nice, kinda cute, and just kinda dull. The Coopers are all terminally boring right now. Bland, boring, and pointless.

The thing I really don't get about Beth's sex life is why everything that happens in it happens offscreen and then they just shove it on us out of nowhere with no build up. They did this with her affairs with Bill and Rick and her consummating her marriage to Alan too.

I'm not opposed to a story exploring a former victim of sexual abuse using sex to hide from her problems and the miserable life that she's gotten herself stuck in, but I seriously doubt they're gonna bother to explore or explain this at all. Coop is supposedly Beth's tutor. Huh? The last thing we knew, Coop was a rookie teacher at Clarissa's school. And now he's tutoring law school students? In what? Their ABC's and 123's? The flashbacks they used to explain this relationship was incredibly lame too. We saw Coop help her carry her armload of books and criticize her homework then she asked him to tutor her and BOOM! Insta-affair.

11-128.jpg11-129.jpg

The only part I liked was when Beth went "home" today after her little afternoon delight and when Alan rather grotesquely tried to talk her into "going upstairs", she almost looked like she kinda wanted to barf. It's about time!

11-1214.jpg

BC looks absolutely amazing though. Whatever the heck that workout video she was advertising for was, it clearly works.

11-122.jpg11-126.jpg

The Lizzie/Bill stuff is pathetic. Hopefully Phillip will put an end to all this crap with Alan and Grady.

• Members

Geez Beth C has a smokin' hot bod..love the lingere and glasses!

Yea, the Coop actor is cute,but how many cute young hairless guys do they have in LA? He has had four years to bring a spark to Coop and if Beth C in her undies and glasses dont bring a spark to ya, you are helpless! He is just one of those guys that are seem sexless....and now this is going to be the big triangle, skinny little Coop vs. Phillip and his chest???

I don't know why they keep him on, Wheeler gets her faves and wants them around no matter what.

• Members

No, Ashlee is still around...and even claimed to have some kind of boyfriend, I think, to Coop the other day. She's still as annoying as ever. Dinah hired her for something, and she's mostly seen with Daisy, so I can FF them.

• Members

Unless paired with Coop or Doris finally gets a story, I don't really see the point with Ashlee. She's had a few good scenes lately, trying to talk some sense into Daisy: The Rampaging Dumbass but she needs to be sent of to Greece or Guam or anywhere other than Hooterville herself, why bother?

Driscoll seemed like he had potential at first but he fizzled out pretty fast, now he's as boring as all the rest of the Coopers except Buzz.

BTW, can we see a real grown man half-nekkid here soon? I'm really tired of these skinny, hairless guys like Grady and Coop being the only man-flesh we get to see anymore. Put Cyrus back in the bathtub or running around in his little black Speedos again. Pretty please, Ellie.

• Members

I'm sorry, but coop has been with every type of girl and it has never worked. now all of a sudden they expect us to believe that he is banging his ex-girlfriend's mother. It would have been more believable if he had been boinking Cyrus on the DL. At least there would have been a good reason why they jumped in the sack with each other. At least he and Daisy could have something to talk about since they are never around each other. Coop has always come off as a best buddy to women, he just has no chemistry with any. He had more chemistry lying in bed with Christian Campbell without touching him in "the book of daniel" than his entire romantic relationship history on GL. GL needs to either cut their losses or hook him up with some guy he met while visiting his brother or something. Just an observation :lol:

• Members

LOL Beth :lol:

From what I gather, Josh and Reva are not getting back together anytime soon. I read in the last SOW that he

This show sucks. EW has no idea what she's doing and these "writers" have no clue on how to put together narrative drama. Gawd! Whenever I think about what they've done to my story, it just pisses me the [!@#$%^&*] off. :angry::angry::angry:

• Members

I just want the divine Liz K away from Gl and its 18 headwriters. Maybe Ron Carlivati can try to make up for his crimes by snagging her and putting her with Ross, I mean Clint. Sorry. After all, ABC is already trying to copy the popular couples of the last-rated soap opera...

• Members

Dan....Liz is awesome. One of the most successful recasts ever. And what has she become? A [!@#$%^&*] plot point. EW needs to be banished from daytime forever.

I wonder....why didn't Paul Rauch use some of that magic he's working on Y&R on GL? WTF? I never thought he was terrible, but never thought he was all that either. But after seeing what he's doing over at Y&R, I look back on his GL years and think that we were robbed!!!

• Members

Several reasons:

1) Mary Alice Dwyer Dobbin. I will never forgive this woman for helping to destroy the show.

2) Headwriters that either 1) didn't understand the show (Labine), 2) had a weak vision (Labine again), 3) or were downright horrible (E&B, Gold & Dunn).

3) A smaller budget.

4) A more malleable identity. Considering Bill Bell helmed the show for most of its run, it had a very set way of doing things. By the time Rauch got to GL, it had lost a good deal of its identity already (and the destruction just continued).

Archived