AMC: Tuesday, 11/11/08

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I hadn't thought about that, I've been on a break until Sep, what is their status? Seems like Tad loves KWAK or maybe it's just his hate/love for David making him want to protect Krystal. KWAK's had moments with Adam in the past and now is secretly wanting David on some levels, it seems.

So many good aspects to today's show.

What everybody else said, Annie/Aiden, Jessie and Angie (M.F! Debi Morgan is awesome), loved Amanda at the bar today, Frankie and Randi are an appealing couple.

I do love that Pratt made a point to have Angie address questions fans have had about why Jesse really stayed away and spent 20 years raising a family away from the woman he supposedly loved and their family. Like Angie, says...how could you NOT have feelings for Rebecca and Natalia, Jesse? And if you don't what's wrong with you? And her lament that she's lost a little piece of Jesse's heart that she can't get back.

Jesse's being under written some, I think though. Jesse's not coming off great, but reallly....should he? Overall, I thought the scenes were written like adult conversation (pauses, lack of replies sometimes as people grapple) and that's something so freakin' rare in soaps.

Great show!

• Members

good grief, Annie wants Ryan back? Someone tell her that this a-hole isnt worth any of this trouble

Now Aidan slaps women? That was too much. The two are nuts

Go Angie! She was rocking her scenes today. I cant beleive Jesse askd her if she was drunk. Jesse is a jerk. I cant beleive he was with Rebecca for nearly 20 years and never loved her? Pig

• Members

Wow. I'm not as much of a Prattophile as some others but today was good.

Triple A (Annie and Aidan) FTW! - I actually found Aidan interesting today. That in itself is a miracle. And I love dark Annie. She actually reminds me of old-school Skye Chandler. That "hit me!" scene was pricelessly twisted. Please AMC keep MCE. You have plenty of other dead weight to cut.

Jesse/Angie - FINALLY! This was the scene we JnA fans have needed and not in a fanbasey "my couple should always be on the front burner" kind of way. But because it was fantastic to hear Angie echo the concerns of fans who feel that she's been too "saintly" and "noble." And Debbie Morgan needs to play pissed (in both the British and Yankee meanings of the word) Angie more often. I can think of a number of ABC actors who should've been tied to a chair and forced to watch these scenes because this is what real acting looks like.

Taylor/Jake - These two don't mean a lot to me but I LOVED the part where Jake called Taylor a "right wing war monger" and Taylor shot back that she was a patriot and tired of being judged. I'm a hard core liberal and I hate the war but I'm glad that AMC has added the character of Taylor. I think it's important for the show to have characters of all different viewpoints. That's what real diversity is. I know a lot of people hate Taylor but I don't. Although admittedly if "Taylor" and I were in the same room, it wouldn't be pretty. Between Angie and Taylor, Pratt seems to have a handle on a more modern vision of women.

• Members

I'm not much of a Pratt admirer either but today's show was very good.

I like dark-Annie too but I'd much rather she be out for revenge here rather than still being obsessed with getting that tool Ryan back. WTH would any woman want him back?

ICAM! Darnell Williams usually gets the attention but I think Morgan is the stronger actor in a lot of ways and she showed it again. They need to make me understand WTH Jesse was thinking though because this whole Rebecca thing doesn't make much sense.

I like having women who are more modern and don't fit the "Fusion" mold. The only problem I have with Taylor is that I don't think she's been anywhere near as strong as advertised. She seems fairly weak underneath all the bravado and I was hoping for the opposite: a woman who was strong as steel under a pretty shell. Instead she's been self-righteous and self-pitying, putting on the tough-guy act to cover up her myriad insecurities. That's just a lather, rinse, repeat of Harley Cooper and wanted to see something different from BE. I wanted to see a tough woman who spoke softly and carried a big stick, so to speak. It's still early and I hope they back off from the woe-is-me vibe and have her choose to push herself to recover for herself, not just so she can play house with Jake or so she can go back to Iraq to get killed so she can "be with Brot". So far, her motivations have been so muddy that I already care far more about Brot than I do about her.

• Members

Let's play reply tag...

I agree. The big weakness in this story is that Annie would do this to get back with Ryan. If she were doing this solely to torture Ryan while simultaneously draining him financially, Annie Novak would officially be my new girl crush. But in the Fronsverse it's all about Ryan.

I've had SERIOUS problems with this story for a lot of reasons. (I'll save those for another thread.) But this was the first time I felt like I was seeing the real Jesse and Angie. Like I've said, I'm a hardcore member of the JnA fanbase but not so hardcore that I only want to see them smile at each other and play Yahtzee. I truly, madly, deeply wish Pratt had written this story differently but it was great to see Angie act like a woman and not a saint. I won't compare Debbie and Darnell to each other except to say I think Darnell has a tougher time playing material he doesn't buy into. Nuff said.

I agree. But I'm still hopeful. After YEARS of spaghetti straps in winter and the clickety clack of stilettos, I'm going to hold on to hope. I found something very real about her reaction today when Jake called her a "war monger." Plus, the tough guy act is always a cover for insecurities, isn't it? I'm hoping that we'll see some of her insecurities then Pratt will flip the script and show us her strength again. I'm looking forward to those layers.

• Members

Today was excellent all around, imo!

Aiden/Annie were so much fun with the flashbacks. I have no idea what they're planning next and I like the fact that they have opposing motivations but are committed to keeping Ryan & Greenlee apart!

I also have no clue what David has in mind for Amanda but I loved the scene at the end where he told her she needed to rest up for it.

Tad's jealousy of David really shone through today. He might have married Krystal as her friend to keep her away from Adam, but he seems to have fallen for her.

Frankie's opening up to Frankie about going to the vet hospital made his attitude toward Brot yesterday a little more palatable.

I loved Taylor & Jake's banter about being on opposite sides and I'm glad it helped her move her foot even more so the paralysis part of her story can end soon!

Debbi Morgan gave another Emmy-worthy performance today! The dialogue was perfect, too, about how Jesse had to feel something for Rebecca to stay with her for so long and raise their child together.

Tracey Thomson has gotten really good lately. Maybe she's writing so many scripts because she wanted the practice?

• Members

As I said upthread, I thought the Jesse/Angie stuff today was awesome, well worth the wait... but I want them to go even further. I brought this up a few weeks ago, and nobody was really feeling me on it, but from my multiracial eyes, I think the fact that Rebecca is white is a bit of an elephant in the room. The whole situation can be looked at from so many angles. We all know that on soaps most black characters are cast with biracial actors, so Natalia would have most likely looked biracial regardless. I wonder what was discussed when they created Rebecca, did they entertain the idea of casting her black? The fact that she's white adds a whole 'nother dimension to the story, and I wish they wouldn't shy away from it. I wonder if it was even discussed, I'm sure that Debbi and Darnell have opinions on the issue... you KNOW Victoria Rowell would. I don't mean a friggin subplot or anything, but today was the perfect opportunity for Angie to have just ONE LINE where out of anger she brings up the fact that Jesse's been playing house with a white woman for the last 20 years. I dunno, maybe it doesn't matter to many people, and people are people yadda yadda, but I so crave that kind of gritty true life stuff that's not always comfortable to watch but will certainly make you think.

Archived