CBS vs ABC Daytime

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

And I when I mentioned Fumero, I meant David Fumero, not Melissa Fumero...

How Melissa Archer still has a job boggles me. I know alot of people love her, I find her flat, bland, uncharismatic, whiny, reads lines like a robot... And yes Alderson has become HORRIBLE. While her brother has gotten very, very natural. David Fumero??? HOW THE F DOES THIS GUY STILL WORK?? The entire Vega family needs to be ditched.

I LOVE the guy who plays Brody. He is intense. and I actually like Brandon Buddy very much (alot of people do not)

Farah Faith- She is horrible when it comes to challenging, emotional scenes. Absolutely horrible. But she is charismatic in this role. I think with some acting lessons she could be quite good.

• Members

Really? I started watching OLTL again in June (Had not really watched since 2002- and I came back for the Daniel Coulson storyline and I left again)

She was a funny little actress when she was 7, 8...

As far as now? This chick is terrible and needs some serious training. Its like watching a bad high school play.

I think the word that comes to mind when watching most of OLTL's under 32 crowd is "amateurish".

• Members

LOL. I almost made a comment like that.... She is not ugly, but she is at an awkward age.

And you know all of you have thought this- The only reason she has the job is because she was so good in the role when she was a kid. Would this girl audition and get the role of "teenage Starr Manning" now? Probably not. And yeah, she does not have "soap looks" per say. But really, neither did Roger Howarth...

And yes, she does have some scenes where she is decent. But generally she seems like a girl in a high school play.

Great idea.

• Members

Mark Lawson ?-Brody, is one of the best younger cast members on daytime right now....He really belongs with Y&R's 20 something cast- but OLTL hasn't really had much luck in doing anything with their 20 somethings-

I'm no Natalie fan- but I think from a marketing standpoint- she's great for the show....OLTL has always been ABC's redheaded step child, and I think Melissa Archer has a look I can remember from the show...Kinda how RJ was in the 90's- you saw a preview and new which show it was for without the title. I just don't think she fits into the camp of the show now...

I had to sit through Brandon Buddy since he started and I just can't believe this guy gets paid to do this- he needs to go back to theatre, as does Farah Fath- but then again she's also for the tweens. David Fumero is getting paid to model.

• Members

Hey guys- Since we are on the subject-

I basically hate GH and have not been a fan since 1995 or so..

But it is always on after OLTL and there is one younger actress I think is excellent. Whenever she starts talking I look up from my computer- along with that LoCicero woman- She is the chick who used to be on DOOL- She has short blonde hair.

Is she well regarded? She seems to be on every damn day. I LOVE the way she reads her lines, she has a great charisma and I pay attention whenever she comes on. She justy seems very natural to me.

I think she is fantastic. That's all.

But not enough to watch the show which seems dull, dull, dull.

• Members

I think Eddie Alderson is better because he has film experience. KA only knows soaps. EA has been working with the likes of Mira Sorvino and Clint Eastwood.

And the day OLTL re-signed Fumero is the day I decided they needed to be canceled. There's no reason for wasting that kind of money.

Archived