B&B: Best of DVD

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
What? 40+ years of episodes? DAYS is having financial problems as it is already. It wouldn't pay of in the end. And who would be able to afford all these DVD's anyway. It would be at least 4-6 DVD boxes for every year, multiply that with 43. :mellow:

A similar thing to what they've done with B&B in the Netherlands would surely be much appreciated by many fans though. And I'm not talking about just one DVD. It could be a series of DVD's with different themes like Christmas in Salem, Memorable episodes, Weddings etc.

• Members

Yeah as much as I'd love to have, say, every episode saved of AMC (I know they have nearly every single one from 76 or 77 on and a handful from before) and on DVD it's just not practical--and I'd never be able to justify watching them all. But highlights--particularly FULL episodes would be BRILLIANT to have in nice box sets. (Some Aussie soaps have also been collected by story--)

• Members

I think DAYS would be a great soap to realse storyline DVD's.

Id love to see ABC gamble with PC arc's. They dont even need to retail them. Just offer them online, that might cut down on production costs, but it also might copst more that way idk...

I also think a nice outlet would be ITunes. But idk how practicle it would be for most people to download that many epsiodes. lol.

best of dvd's would be nice.

something. please.

• Members

I agree that if they did them by mail order--at least to test it out it might make sense. I believe this was how the popular, campy Australian prison soap Prisoner Cell Block H was recently released down under--to a lot more success than they expected (of course, though it has tons of episodes it has far less than most American soaps). Similar to what was done of the, they assumed, less popular pre Barnabas years of Dark Shadows when it was first released

WIth that kinda format surely it would just be a money maker for the studios wouldn't it? they have YEARS of footage just sitting there gathering dust

• Members

I'm nto too surprised--fan favorites DVD collections of Australian soaps are, my Ozzie friend claims, pretty big sellers and have been for a while (He just bought one of his faves, the campy serial killer story that briefly made the flop soap E Streets a huge hit, he says, the Mr Bad storyline-- http://www.smh.com.au/news/dvd-reviews/e-s...6857389083.html )

• Members

In the link for the Australian one, it shows Universal as the distributor. Since it's known that Bell-Phillip Productions owns anything and everything B&B, one would presume they licensed the rights to Universal to distribute the DVDs abroad. Has anyone checked out links for other countries that offered this (like the one in the Netherlands) to see who distributed those?

I would definitely buy it, too. But like you say, selling soaps on DVD is currently not a standard in the US, so would a US distributor want to take a chance on releasing it here?

Archived