AMC : SOD summary

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's strikes me as funny to call it character destruction when the character was an unaborted fetus to begin with. :P

I'm just glad Josh is out the door. He should have never been brought on to begin with and this sounds like a great way to write him out to me!

• Members

You'd think this would make me happy...but really, it just means it was all for nothing, and that only makes this whole thing worse. :( Josh should have never been in PV as Erica's aborted fetus, but since he was, I hoped they write for him for years to come. They made their beds, they needed to lay in it.

I bet after the initial run of this BS storyline, Josh will never be mentioned again. It'll be like he never existed. *sigh*

• Members

Yeah if they want ti ignore the Unabortion there are several ways they could undo it..... I mean Greg Madden was a quack as it was, he could have lied and there was never any DNA test confirming Josh to be a Martin. Its lazy....

• Members

However, this is a great way to get rid of Josh and undo the whole "walking fetus" storyline...The DNA results were false, Josh isn't Erica's son and all this time he was acting all "Mr. Goody Two Shoes" to gain Kane family's love and steal everything from them...

• Members

Amen.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: they tried to do Trey: The Sequel (rewrite history to include a man in the Kane family orbit). It didn't work the first time, why would it work the second time?

If Pratt undoes this before he writes Josh out... if he explains that the whole time Josh was comforting Zach in the hospital over Ian's bedside he was just distracting him while he snuck computer codes out of Zach's inside jacket pocket to embezzle this money, and he's been a con man all along?... if he somehow ties it all up so we can wash this disaster from Pine Valley's history... then I'll think maybe... maybe... he understands what this show truly needs.

• Members

I thought it was more like Kendall the sequel, this time Erika has a long lost son! While McTavish's original Kendall story worked really well the first time, and come on, Sarah Michelle Gellar brought out a certain fire in Lucci that we haven't seen in years! The Josh storyline was more personal to AMC's core, as it rewrote something groundbreaking, and the set-up, follow through, and aftermath were all severely botched.

• Members

Well, we all know the reason for that now, don't we? LOL! But I agree - AMC brought in their very own Sami Brady with young Kendall, and it did wonders for Lucci the same way young Sami Brady did wonders for Marlena.

Not to mention what it ended up doing to Tad. Nobody made it out of that storyline unscathed.

• Members

He never was a super star, but I thought when he toned things down after they got Josh out of Babe's orbit he was more enjoyable. However that's when his storyline dried up as well, so he was just trotted out as window dressing every now and again.

• Members

That's the way they should have gone, yes. And ultimately, things "could" end up that way, I won't count it out. But mostly, I just think that they don't want to deal with Josh, and there for he's dead weight. So he's gone. On the run, never to be mentioned again. It's a lot easier then dealing with the can of worms that his existence is.

I won't rule out that at some point, Kendall and/or Erica will get a letter where he confesses to the whole thing having been a con...but for now, I think this is cheap, disgusting, and a total cop out. It makes me even more bitter and angry then I was about the walking fetus storyline. And that says a lot.

ETA: Ryan....:wub:

Archived