SOD: AMC Fall Previews....

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

For the most part these previews sound good. I like that Pratt is mixing up the generations and using Adam and Erica in stories with JR and Kendall. I've noticed some people are complaining that Erica's just being used as Kendall's pawn, but at the end of the day it's making the storyline more multigenerational, which are what soaps are supposed to be all about.

I honestly want Greenlee/Aidan to be the endgame of the storyline, but there's no way of denying that Rylee are what the current IIC think AMC should have as its money couple. Annie is going to be totally destroyed as a character, which saddens me but then hopefully Melissa Claire Egan will just land on another soap soon after. AMC has a talent of wasting the good actors they find (Egan, Billy Miller, Kelli Giddish, James Scott, the list is endless).

Pete developing super powers? WTF! Hopefully it's not as literal as that description makes it out to be.

I wonder if Babe is the character that will die this fall. While I don't mind Amanda Baker's performance, it's obvious she hasn't caught on with the majority of fans and her portrayal lacks the heart that Alexa Havins brought to the role. However, I think it would be foolish to kill off Babe, if only for the reason that a future PTB will only bring her back from the dead again. I say, if they want Baker out, write Babe out for a while, have her go missing or run away from JR or something...

• Members

I like the fact that Pratt even wants to use Erica and Adam. Some writers in the past have completely ignored the vets. I appreciate the fact the Pratt is trying to create somewhat of a balance between the generations, however I was saying that I wish the stories revolved around Erica and Adam rather than them being supporting players. I guess I am being too picky, but I feel that as a very long time viewer that this would be a more successful formula.

DC and SL are both the epitome of what a lead actor/actress should be. Their talents and experience should be by no means be supporting.

This is probably why SL hasn't been nominated for Lead Actress in a few years. She hasn't been used as a leading actress for several years now, with the exception of the "insider trading/prison" story. If you can call that contrived mess a story. That is the only recent lead story for Erica that I can remember in recent years. Everyone, let me know if you can think of another. If Pratt realizes who his leading players are I think AMC could be very successful at next years emmys. AMC has loads of unused potential and talent. Especially if Julia Barr was brought back and given an actual story.

• Members

I like Bad Babe, and it seems shes' back. I like her as a plotter... so I hope it's not Babe who dies. After thinkin' on these spoilers a bit, I'd say I'm happy with most of them. I love the Adam/Erica stuff.. I like the corporate intrigue. Seems like the hospital is getting built up again... maybe we're getting our old AMC back or as close to it as modern soaps can get.

• Members

Dare I say it..this actually sounds..Good? Most of it anyway.

I'm sure Petey will not REALLY get superpowers..right?? Could be fun if he THINKS he has.

LOVE the Erica/Adam stuff, as well as Kendall and Zach having their OWN story.

Sorry but it just doesn't make sense that Jesse would be celibate for 20 years. I think DM and DW will rock that.

Like seeing Amanda mentioned so much!

If Pratt kills off Babe, he will be my favorite soap writer since Agnes Nixon retired! Maybe the grief will send Krystal packing as well...

Here's to a CareyHO free Pine Valley!

• Members

Well I just think the show should cut its losses. The character has been a disaster from the get go, and for me personally any redeeming quality of Babe left with Alexa. TPTB were rumored to be courting Alexa back to the show, well that's obviously not happening and Amanda Baker is as dull as dishwater and has not caught on with the fans. Write her out, or better yet kill the character off. David is free of the daughter that never should have been him, Jabe is over, and Kendall does not have to be her best friend.... its a win win.

I don't care if they leave it an open ended death (like car off the cliff), just get the character off the canvas.

Babe like it or not is connected to almost everyone on the canvas, and I think her death would bring on some great emotional drama for some very talented actors to chew on. Jacob Young and Bobbie Eakes would kill that story, no pun intended.

• Members

I think Annie being the one to die is too obvious for even this show. The signs are pointing to Babe with these previews:

JR being tempted to drink

KWAK being drawn to Adam after something happens

and so on......

I also think this is what brings David back to town as well

• Members

The thing that I dont like about Babe dying is that it's obvious that they'll bring her back from the dead a few years down the line. It was the Babe show during the whole time that Alexa Havins was in the role and now that her airtime has been reduced and her storylines are more balanced with Baker playing her, killing her off would be stupid. I actually don't mind Amanda's portrayal of Babe, it may lack a little heart and spunk that Alexa brought to the role, but the writing for Babe hasn't exactly been great since Havins left either. To be honest, I would far rather see Annie be killed off than Babe, but then Annie being killed off would only lead to a Rylee redux which is something I dont want.

• Members

I think we can eliminate Annie as an option. Apparently in one of the magazines Pratt says that it's clear to him that B&E were planning on getting rid of Annie, but he wants her to be AMC's version of Melrose Place's Kimberly.

I hope it is Babe. Actually I hope it's Randi. But she would not be a major death, so Babe will do.

And then Bobbie might give Debbi a run for her money in the lead actress category next year. Bobbie was just amazing following Babe's faked death.

• Members

I would love them to keep Melissa Claire Egan, IMO she is rocking the house in her portrayel. It is clear the character of Babe has really been a bust since Alexa left and I really doubt Alexa will come back in the future. Amanda Baker just does not work in the role and the character of Babe is not needed on the canvas.

Archived