AMC: Friday, August 15, 2008

• Members

I don't know about you all, but I was getting a different vibe from today's AMC. We still have two weeks till Pratt's stuff airs, but I'm thinking he's weaving in some of his stuff already.

The Carmen-Randi connection is getting interesting, and I'm hoping we see more play out. At first I was a bit miffed that they had "retired" Myrtle, but I suppose it makes sense. EH can't be around forever. I think it helped to have Carmen's fond recollections.

Kathy locking out KWAK was a hoot. I don't know if Pratt is going to keep playing this, but it makes sense, considering all the trauma Kathy's been through for her to be acting out.

But the Sextet...ugh. I love anything that keeps Richie in my scene before he scoots off to Y&R, and I'm liking Annie these days, but Ryan and Greenlee in the toilet? Very apropos (and I liked these two first time 'round)

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It was awful for me to hear Myrtle had retired from the Boutique. Another cherished part of Pine Valley/AMC history, gone. (Couldn't they have scripted a farewell/retirement party for her, or something?)

If Pratt can redeem Annie from killing Richie with a crowbar, then he will have performed one of the greatest soap miracles of all time.

• Members

Yep, I think Pratt has influenced B&E's final two weeks by showing up at their story meeting and basically telling them where he would like things headed.

I'm also miffed that Myrtle retired without a party, although I was glad to hear the Boutique at least mentioned for the first time in years. I liked the Carmen-Randi scenes, but I still wish they would recast Randi.

I'm going to miss Richie when Billy goes to Y&R because Annie is much more fun with him around and imo she's the only part of the Sextet that is interesting currently. Hopefully Ryan & Greenlee in the toilet is foreshadowing!

I loved Kathy locking Krystal out of the house and her fantasy was a hoot. More please, Mr. Pratt!

• Members

Melissa Claire Egan plays BSC so damn well..... I echo always' sentiments, I am really hoping Pratt finds some way to keep her on board and I am shooting myself, but I am enjoying Rylee still.... Greenlee and Aidan are so friggin forced it makes Rylee look less forced. Whatever it was kind of contrived and stupid but it drove Annie nuts and I loved seeing that. I so think Annie is going to go after Kendall.... watch out!

Carmen and Randi, loving their connection and am very interested to see where it goes.

The best part of the episode for me was the Hubbards/Taylor. I really hope Pratt serves this story well. It has the makings of a classic AMC social commentary.

Kathy at war with KWAK is too funny I also hope they keep playing that.

• Members

The fantasy was fresh and yet vintage AMC I thought--somethign we haven't had in ages (I remember when I became a fan in the early 90s they had tons of fantasy/dream squences)

I also agree that the show suddenly felt different--so wouldn't be surprised if this is the start of Pratt's work treakling in. The Boutique/Myrtle mention came out of nowhere but wasgreat I thought. Myrtle's still on the show right though? She was just retired from the boutique (I thought she was only running he rbording house--which I think Rnadi should move into ASAP now anyway) just the character is retired--this talk about nto havign a party has me worried

Archived