ATWT: Weekly Disscusion for Aug. 4- Aug. 8

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That's a cute little banner, Ron!!

Can't really discuss the show...missed the middle of it thanks to bad weather. I was disheartened to see Jack back to being a doofus, running out on Parker to check on Janet at the end. It's like...c'mon, dude. Janet's an adult. Parker is a child prone to taking off...do the math.

• Members

The show was so so. Oakdale residents collapsing because of the drug they have in their system. Margo found out Casey married Emiloon. Boy was the reveal of the fast. Before you knew it Casey was babbling all to Margo. It's always nice to see the vets...Bob, Susan ang Margo.

So it looks like Meg is

• Members

I missed today's as well....but I read what happened online. Sounded okay but I was surprised how fast the reveal was about the wedding myself. And I see that Aaron is still being a jackass as well. No Carly today only Jack and Janet so I don't think I really missed too much. Check it out tomorrow.

• Administrator

So over the weekend, I decided to catch up on ATWT because I heard of the crazy poisoning storyline (I started with the July 17th episode and I'm only at the July 30 episode now)..........and I have to say, ATWT has been REALLY good. I am loving every storyline (except for Henry/Vienna)! What I noticed is there's a lot of family drama and conflict and they're showing POV's from everyone's angle. The fallout of the affair and Liberty/Parker having sex has been riveting to watch.

I'm up to 7 soaps now (well soon to be 6...PSNS :().

• Members

You picked a good time to start watching. Just in the last couple of weeks something has really started to change. I was on the verge of giving up and am glad I didn't. It's sure not perfect but a lot of it has gotten so much better and I think there is some good stuff ahead to look forward too.

I'm loving the poisoning story. That should only get better as the week plays out. While I hate that Liberty and Parker had sex I am enjoying the way things are playing out with the reactions of the parents and it's been much better than expected. I don't want to like Casey/Emily but the story is so entertaining I can't help myself. :lol:

Loved the new bumper today!

• Administrator

I love soaps, what can I say? If it's good, I'll watch! :)

I'm glad I started watching too. Maybe I'm liking the show because it's "fresh" to me and I haven't been watching all the crap that's been happening for years.

I'm a sucker for these kind of stories. :D

Same here.

I'm not sure about Casey/Emily yet, but I love the reactions that it's causing. That lunch scene with Casey/Emily/Tom/Margo was hilarious!

• Members

On the shallow side...I like that the bumpers were finally updated. I hate that they're so. damned. dark. But I love the new Carjack pics, and CZP is drop-dead gorgeous. On a shallower note....I'm diggin' Roger's goatee. I don't know why...I just do.

Today...I find myself liking the creep-factor in Sophie's haunting Meg.

Oy...the Parker/Lib stuff gets old fast. And I think I resent Janet being so over the top, constantly yelling, and then acting hurt when she accuses everyone of not thinking she deserves to be in Lib's life. It's so off-putting, I couldn't even enjoy her yelling at Katie. And Lord knows I thought I'd get to enjoy that.

• Members

Too bad Sofie cant kill two stones with one feather. Have Meg kill Paul. And Meg go to the loony Ben. It would end the pairing forever. :lol:

There is just way too much Liberty on. Can Goutman show more of the cast? Its overkill with Liberty.

As for Parker....geesh...I am hating this kid more everyday. What a brat!! Liberty had more sense than him today. And I thought Liberty was all fun and games like Mommie Dearest. I laughed when Jack laid the law on Parker...you are going to be so grounded....yeah right...Parker comes and goes as he pleases...there is no authority in that house. Parker really needs a good kickin.

• Members

^^^ugh...don't get me started on Liberty's completely bogus metamorphosis from surly teenager to level headed after one fishing trip. I'm annoyed with Parker, who seems completely ready to ditch both of his loving, if flawed, parents.

But I seriously wanted to throttle Liberty for suddenly pulling out the "I'm older...you're still a kid" argument. Where was this attitude when she grabbed her bag o' condoms and followed Parker up to his room? This "romance" has gone way too fast, but now she's breaking Parker's heart, and coming off like a *****tease.

• Members

I think Liberty had more fun then she will admit with dear old dad Brad. Thats why she didnt want to run away with Parker. I think what Liberty really needs is fatherly love from Brad. Instead of I am Tarzan...you are my daughter crap.lol She is coming off as tramp tease...lol.

Parker has no clue about relationships. He has never been in one. He was a virgin until Liberty walked in. I wish he would let up on his anger. The writers are doing a good job of me hating Parker.

And where was Carly? She should have been on today's show. Was she humping Holden again? <_<

Archived