Take the High Road

All My Shadows

• Members

Some say Sophie Webster has one of the only authentic Manc accents on Corrie. Are you a big "Siophie" fan? :lol:

I guess we're just lucky to have lived past the years when the only accent you were allowed if you wanted a proper role on UKTV was "BBC English."

Is any of Albion Market on Youtube?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yes, Sowfeh definitely has the strongest Manc going on! I like the actresses a lot, especially Brooke Vincent, but Siophie's kinda obnoxious. Or, rather, the pairing's made Sophie obnoxious. I wanted to smack her in Friday's episodes.

I know I already had the "wish we had our own soaps that were like the UK soaps!!" discussion with you this week, but I have to say it again. I love that they can do that in England...have different soaps set in different parts of the country and actually make those shows in those parts of the country using actors/actresses from those parts of the country. I think the US is probably too big for that. I can't imagine native New Yorkers being too interested in a down-da-bayou Louisiana soap.

There are some short clips and a promo of Albion Market. It kinda makes me sad because ITV really thought that turkey was gonna fly.

• Members

Have your dirty, tanned, topless Creole heroine in Daisy Dukes wrasslin' a gator and I guar-ahn-tee! ;) Louisiana has always seemed like a great place for a soap, and sadly we've missed out twice: Reunion (albeit antebellum) and 13 Bourbon Street (with the more recent vampire craze, this voodoo-tinged late night soap would have been perfect right about now). I know it was FL, but I always think of LA when I think of Flamingo Road. Well, there's always Treme, and years ago there was the short-lived Orleans with Larry Hagman, but I know, you're talking SOAP soap.

• Members

Oh bae, I'm talking SOAP soap and also real down-da-bayou LA. New Orleans would be fine, but there's a whole other world just south of it :lol: I'm talking wide, sweeping shots of cane fields, lonely romantic scenes on the bayouside, catfights at the crawfish boil, murders at Mardi Gras, gossiping at the local Rouses, who's the trailer park daddy, big business storylines surrounding the shrimping and trawling industries, etc. You could find all those things in NOLA, but there's something distinctly trashy about the lower parishes that just screams "soap us up!!"

• Members

My favourite is RP. Clearly. But not every RP. Sometimes I don't like Helen Mirren's e.g. Or the Queen's. I think it has to do with the quality, timbre of the voice. Those two have to align.

Eileen Atkins hates you.

I want it to be set in Georgia. happy.gif

• Members

I hear you! I've seen quite a bit of reality programming featuring folks from those parts and I always find them and their awesome accents so interesting. So let's all head down to Loo'zyanna and see some brawls at the Thanksgiving table over nutria and alligator tail gumbo!

Archived