The Doctors

• Members

It's so odd to read that so-and-so has been grouchy lately and someone else is depressed over the breakup over her marriage -- especially as it's just casually mentioned in the article. We haven't seen that kind of reporting in the soap press for a very long time!

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Anthony Cannon/Tom are a bit of a mystery to me as he is not featured much in synopses I have. I think he was a Nick type character and interacted with Althea. Maybe someone can clarify this. My feeling is he was brought on with much expectation but maybe didn't click with Althea and new writers dropped his character.

• Members

I always suspected it, but judging by that picture, Meg Mundy almost certainly had her face done before she took on Isabelle in the Loving pilot movie. Isabelle and Ann looked like they could have been sisters. Learn something new every day, I didn't even know that she was on The Doctors.

• Members

Since she is apparently still alive, if she's acting, OLTL should snap her up for a brief run. She can play Echo's mother, and clash with her like she clashed with Nola all those years ago.

(and Kathleen Turner could pass as Kimmer's sister...)

It's interesting seeing some of the old photos in the Digests, because for whatever reason there seemed to be tons of photos of the Doctors cast partying. Now I wonder if that's why they went off the air, because, in the words of Eddie Murphy, they partied all the time. One was "Kim Zimmer skates!" And you see Valerie Mahaffey skating too. If only we'd seen Alec Baldwin and Ian Ziering out there too. And the little girl from Mommie Dearest.

Edited by CarlD2

• Members

"Now I wonder if that's why they went off the air, because, in the words of Eddie Murphy, they partied all the time."

Carl, you are a STITCH. :lol:

I guess you're referring to little Christina ("Jesus Christ..."), I didn't know that she was on The Doctors. I had an "aha!" moment when I realized that was her as the Connors' meek kinda round teenaged neighbor on Roseanne. Her sister was a bad seed who got Darlene into trouble.

And it is interesting how much Kimmer and KT have aged similarly. I bet Kim would have loved to play Maggie the Cat, but Reva really was her own great southern belle.