Emmerdale: Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Oh, so not seeing Charity was also because of contract disputes. Thank God Emma Atkins signed on for good. You can tell he really loves Cain/Charity/Debbie. In fact, I'd say they are his personal favorites.

Carl, you must be happily surprised to see that Andy will still have to deal with his past with Jo. Doesn't sound like him and Adele will be lasting though.

So he said Bob gets a new love interest, and that Katie's new love interest will be someone shocking ... could he be thinking of pairing them together?

Poor Viv. I want her to have a story too damn it! At least Victoria will have a little something to do ... I wish it was much more though. Le sigh. Not integrating Victoria with the rest of the cast more is Blythe's biggest problem.

I truly have no idea where the hell he's going with Charlie. Absolutely no idea. I don't think it's as simple as taking her money away. Hmm ... could the Woolpack be getting a makeover? Maybe it will coincide with Emmerdale HD!

New titles? I don't know how I feel about that. They really don't need changing at all, IMO!

I like what he said about stunts. He seems to really get 'it.'

Very excited for what's to come.

Edited by Amello

• Members

I'd been waiting so long for the interview that I had actually lost interest by the time it showed up. Fortunately I started to get more interested as the interview went along, especially in his teasers for the Sharma brothers, Charity, and Adam. It's unrealistic that more women would not be fighting to get into Adam's pants. I have always wanted to see a storyline with Adam and Eve, I think that would be big fireworks and probably reveal a more vulnerable side of Eve, but I guess that isn't likely.

I really hope that what he says about upcoming stuff for Charity is true and also about stuff with Chas. I know a lot of people don't care for Chas but I think when she is written correctly she's a fascinating character. There was an episode a few years ago where she, Ross, Donna, and Marlon went to a policeman's ball, and one of the men there recognized her from her stripper days and kept humiliating her, and Lucy Parteger was fabulous. I'm especially glad to hear that we will see more of her relationship with Charity, which I love.

Can't wait to see more of Declan, and his past. I wish they'd do something to connect him to the show's forgotten history and reveal that he's related to the Verneys, who owned Home Farm for hundreds of years until 1978 or so.

So it still sounds like they may be going with Bob/Hazel. And it sounds like Jackson and Aaron will definitely be ending.

Did anyone else get the feeling he was saying Andy/Debbie will get back together? My reaction is NO NO NO NO. I think Debbie can do so much more as a character and she was also there when he was terrorizing Jo.

I had to laugh at the question about why Katie wasn't in more stories. She's a bore and she works best as a supporting figure.

I also had to laugh at the answer about why we aren't seeing Ryan more. Yes, Ryan is onscreen quite a bit, but that is as a supporting figure and delivering some good one-liners. While I enjoy that and I'd much rather see this than Katie/Ryan, I certainly can see why James Sutton fans would be annoyed and I don't think telling them "What are you talking about?" is going to do much to soothe them.

I still don't buy that as the reason why Priya left so quickly. I don't really care but still I don't buy it.

I was hoping we'd hear more about Gennie, and as you mentioned, Viv. They never seem to do a lot with Viv.

I hope it's not a concern that they asked him about falling ratings when I'm not sure they asked any other producers about that. Emmerdale's ratings could be better but considering all that has been going on with other stuff and the general stigma the show faces, that's not going to be easy.

I like the idea of the titles being changed, because I think Emmerdale's are very staid. Hopefully they will come up with a way to update the titles without having Aaron breakdancing or Belle wearing very large sunglasses.

I wonder what story they wanted to tell with Debbie that they couldn't.

Edited by CarlD2

• Members

I think the Debbie story was her and Nikhil. There had to be a reason for all those scenes. And now they've reworked it for Maisie, IMO. But still I think a triangle with them three would be awesome.

I'm guessing those two women after Adam will be Katie and Eve. And as I've said, Adam and Eve is COMPLETELY NECESSARY! Name recognition and all that!

Chas was a stripper? Never knew that! I also love her, though she can get a bit annoying at times. And yes, her sisterly/best friend relationship with Charity is awesome.

With Priya, I think once Eli left they decided it might not be worth it to force her into something else. I think the Sharma brothers work better without her right now anyway.

I wonder what he has planned for Zak/Lisa/Sam?

Edited by Amello

• Members

I've always hated all of Emmerdale's openings. They're always so damn lifeless and boring and not very welcoming. That opening alone is enough to make me change the channel, and I've never liked their Masterpiece Theatre-like theme tune.

Though, I certainly hope they don't green-screen in the farm in the new opening like what Corrie recently did with pigeons in their new opening. :lol:

• Members

I like this acoustic guitar version this fan did, but it would never work as an opening:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object> Edited by Y&RWorldTurner

• Members

I like the theme music, especially the original, tinny version, but the titles are a bit too bland. At least the ones from ten years ago, which would now look very dated, had some character (they showed people hang-gliding, rock-climbing, etc).

Amello I think the spoiler with Zak/Lisa/Sam involves

I like Nikhil/Maisie but I think I would have loved Nikhil/Debbie. If this means she has to go with Andy, bleh...

Chas was a stripper for a while, I don't know how long, before she got to the village. Her earliest scenes were being hired as a stripper for Marlon's stag night, then the Dingles were shocked to see her, because she was his cousin. Shadrach being Shadrach still perved at her even though she is his daughter.

• Members

I'm not surprised if Amanda goes, I'm actually surprised she's stayed this long, as she doesn't ever stay anywhere for very long. I will miss Natasha dearly though.

Maisie, that one does surprise me. She's been a great character, both as the addled Wylde heiress and as the sarcastic barmaid. This also leaves poor Nikhil in story limbo again.

As much as I enjoy watching Nathan I'm not sure if they can keep him around without his two main relationships. And Ryan is also going to be fairly isolated. I wonder if they may just write out the entire Lamb/Wylde bunch.

• Members

F*ck! I hate that she's leaving. :(

On lighter news, Cain Dingle has got to be the BEST BITCH IN SOAPS! right now. :lol: Loved how giddy he got at the end of today's episode. And FINALLY we got a good dose of Charity again. I've missed you, girl.

The Pearl/Rhona relationship continues to amuse me as well.

I almost felt sorry for Shadrach when Aaron was telling him to stay out of his life. Dude, guy didn't do anything to you. Get over it.