Emmerdale: Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Lol you're too funny.

Watching Laurel and Betty now. I hope I didn't miss Victoria and Betty. This old lady has made such an impression on me in such a short time. Who's grave were Laurel and Betty speaking at?

Damn my baby is looking so fine....damn Debbie you harlot. Look how you broke poor pete's heart.

Edited by ThePrinceOfSunspear

• Members

That's Betty's partner, Seth. Seth was on the show from the late '70s to 2004 or so, when the actor passed away. For most of that time Seth was married to a woman viewers rarely saw - she passed away offcamera around 1993, and the next year Betty, his old sweetheart from WWII, returned to the village. They were together until he died. Betty knew how much he loved the country and the woods, but burying him there was technically illegal, so she let them bury "him" (actually sand or something) in a grave, while she, Sam, Zak, Alan and Laurel secretly buried him in a wicker casket in the woods. When his dog died a few years later she also buried him there, beside Seth.

Here's Betty's first scene.

Edited by DRW50

• Members

I'm confused why Charitys son Noah is staying with Cain? I know Moira at one point thought Charity and Cain were having an affair?

Is Noah Cain's son or somebody elses? And seriously I hate the way Cain treats the women in his life. You'd think they were just obstacles in the way the way he just tears into them at every opportunity.

• Members

If you think Cain's behavior toward women is bad now, you should have seen the days when he fucked their daughters (or his daughter's girlfriend).

Noah is Charity's son with the sadly long-gone, brilliant villain Chris Tate. There was some question of paternity as she'd also been with Marlon and Cain, but Chris was the father. After learning he was terminally ill, and realizing Charity was in love with Cain, he killed himself and framed her for his murder.

Debbie offered to take Noah while Charity was inside, but Charity wanted him to be with Cain.

• Members

Lisa's become too harsh for me, although she has her moments.

It bothered me more when it was this huge absolute for the Dingles, especially that pervy Eli, who was "in love" with three of his cousins (Gennie, Chas, Debbie. They've toned it down a lot over the last 5 years.

• Members

It's not really a big part of Corrie or Eastenders, that I can recall. On EE I just remember it with Joey/Lauren and with Ian and one of his cousins. HO had Sinead/Rhys, which was presented as shocking.

With Emmerdale it was presented as "Oh they're just Dingles." The only relationship that was ever developed beyond that was Cain/Charity.

Edited by DRW50