EastEnders: Discussion Thread

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I was glad to see him again. I had a feeling he'd be back today, based on spoilers (and someone breaking an embargo) but it was still nice. And he really looked the part too. I'm happy to see him back with Ben. I hope now we get more exploration of his struggles and, as you said, drop the charges. 

• Members

Last week was actually quite good. So long Pam and Les, props to the actors for creating one of the most believable couples on the show. When you see them, it feels as if they've been playing this couple for 20 years when they were relative newcomers. Claudette showed her true colors when criticizing Pam behind her back. Ugh. And on Thursday's show, I found her quite out of order to be all happy about Ben moving on. Yes, he should, but saying that right in front of the grandmother? A bit insensitive.
Babe calling Les a pervert is tired so at least that can end now. I wonder how she really feels about Tina and Johnny's sexuality.
Carmel is a character I'd take any day over Babe or Claudette, but she's getting on my nerves lately, trying to evict Masood from his home. I just hope they don't pull a Coker on her before finding a better way to use her.
I'm interested in seeing where the Lauren / Steven story goes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Ian Lavender will be making a short return as Derek Harkinson. Derek was on the show in the early '00s as Pauline's close friend. He was also a father figure to a very out of control Martin. This was likely done to give the family an older male figure while honoring Wendy Richard's wishes about not marrying again (Derek was gay). After he was fired the character was all but forgotten, so I'm glad he will be back for a story with Martin.

http://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2016/1103/828994-dads-army-star-lavender-set-for-eastenders-return/

• Members

I half-expected Lee to have taken some pills after his wedding to Whitney. All the "our boy has grown up so much" from Linda/Mick, Whitney looking for him then leaving for the bathroom. I just don't see the appeal of the Whit/Lee pairing. The only interesting thing is Lee's internal struggles.
I hope Claudette won't return!
Shakil is cute and different but I just don't buy him being into girls. Can they stop having Ben throw tantrums everyday too? The guy's a decent actor in everything but that. No to him throwing himself at Johnny. He needs to stay single for a while.
I actually miss Kat and I thought she'd have returned by now. I'll watch the spin-off especially with Fionnula Flanagan involved but I'm not sure it's going to work to have Kat and Alfie outside of EastEnders.