EastEnders: Discussion Thread

• Members

So far seems good. I forgot that the storytelling flows much faster, so I assume that they have time to rotate every throughout the year. 

I want to catch up with current episodes of EE, so I will try to see another episode today

Please register in order to view this content

B&B was always the worst soap to me. 

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I try to watch but don't feel a lot of connection to characters or stories - there's a certain heart missing. There are also attempts at being "cute" that annoy me as they seem to go against history (like Sonia loving true crime even though her ex-partner was murdered by a serial killer).

• Members

I agree about the lack of heart. I think it's just reached a natural conclusion now. I don't want it to end, but I think it needs radical changes like getting rid of some of the stalwarts (I'm thinking Phil, Kat, Stacey) but they'll never do that so it's holding the show back. I still really hate this version of Ben too, and there's generally not enough nice characters in it. I think I'll start enjoying it more when Sam Mitchell is back. She's currently a big character in the 2004 repeat on Drama, and I'm enjoying that a lot more.

Edited by Skylover

• Members

Oh I love Lauren and Jacqueline Jossa (is she who will play Lauren again?)!! Cannot wait to see her back!

I wish, Max, Tanya and Abi were also there.. I loved their crazy dysfunctional family dynamics

I am still catching up. Just finished September and OMG, love the Cindy being revealed to everyone!! So soapy!! 

• Members

I’m enjoying the show aside from this Only Fans stalker with Stacey but now Freddie’s maybe killed him so hopefully the stalking bits almost over. The UK soaps always have to have at least one predator story and way underage pregnancy plot going at all times and its my only real annoyance with them

Love Cindy being back and her new black daughters and ex are decent new characters I really picked the show back up for them. Shame they’re attached to Linda (her Mick and Shirley and the two daughters drove me away from the show way back) but at least they run The Vic. I’ve never been an Ian fan either and Bobby is just as much of an insufferable loser his entitlement to the one daughter is gross I hope they ship him off eventually and just keep Peter around.

I like Ravi but the writings on the wall. He better not be the Christmas death cause it’d be really lackluster. Suki and Denise are two other characters who really grate for me I wanted them to leave him and Chelsea and his kid alone

I like Kat with Phil, him cheating was pretty dumb but I enjoyed Alfie, Sharon and Keanu’s involvement.

Add Sonia and Ben to characters I dislike list but thankfully the pace of the show is so quick and they aren’t being played heavy so they don’t really bother me I just zone out when they pop up. 

I really wish Janine and Sam were still around when I tuned back in they are my favorite UK vixens. Hopefully Sam pops back in soon

• Members

I am really liking Cindy's return to Walford. So soapy and choatic. Gina overdosed, Anna slept with Freddie, Kathy makes Ian choose between her and Cindy (and he chooses Cindy), poor Bobby... some good drama.

The issue I have is that everyone seems to have killed someone at some point or at least tried to kill someone at some point. It's too much. Feels like there is no good characters, everyone is just vile (or was at some point)... I find it hard to root for majority of them. 

• Members

They really need some positive good people. And not just one! 

Oh btw, there was a short scene with Fatboy in that flashback episode for Cindy. Was that his short cameo? I hope he comes back full time

• Members

Ooooh, I know people said here they don't like Stacey storyline, but I just watched Stacey learning Theo is her stalker while Lily was giving birth!! It was exciting!! Lacey Turner was great, but my God, the girl playing Lily is a real find! She is so believable!! Awesome job!!

Anyway, I am enjoying this Stacey storyline so far. I mean, the cops just questioned Theo and said: Your word against his.. but I mean.. they could ask others if what he said was true.. lol I mean, he claims him and Stacey are couple in a fight, but if they ask anyone, they will know that's not true

So I guess that story beat is lame, but otherwise I enjoy the performances. Lets see where it goes  

Also, I decided my people to root for as Jay and Bobby.. well so far.. I really like Bobby. Yes, he killed his own sister, but he was a young and it was apparently an accident, and he's really sweet now.. so I am rooting for him. And I have always liked Jay. This last episode, he was watching a video of Lola talking to Lexie and he was so heartbroken. It was so sad!! Almost made me cry!! Jamie Borthwick is awesome!! 

Speaking of Lexie, she had her first day at school and claimed it was great. But it isn't, I am sure. She was weird. I'm surprised none of them picked up on that.

• Members

I reached episodes which focus more on Chelsea and Ravi... The only thing I know about Chelsea is that she is Denise's daughter. But now I see she has a son and she is dating Ravi, who I wanna say is Gina's dealer? If I remember correctly, there was that short scene where Gina goes to him for drugs. 

Anyway, Denise is against the relationship and she just found a video on some old laptop Suki gave her in which Ravi seems to be (shocker!!) killing someone??

If someone can maybe share what this storyline is about, I'd be grateful

The Bobby/Anna/Freddie thing has been revealed quickly. I wonder how Bobby and Freddie will move on from this. I loved Gina punching Ian at the pub after he reveals that Anna slept with Freddie.

Alfie/Kat/Phil/Lola's mom storyline is okay.. not so much into it, but it's fine. I liked Kat finding out about Alfie's cancer scare and I liked Shane Richie's acting when he finds out he does not have cancer. I like Alfie and Kat. I hope Kat and Phil don't get married.

• Members

Happy to hear

I am almost caught up. I am starting October now.

I liked Cindy confronting Bobby for a short second. It was a very real conflict. But it seems it has been sorted out in 2 min. Shame. I hope Cindy is only pretending to have forgiven Bobby. It's quite a natural conflict between all the Beales that should remain. It is funny that they spend more time with Cindy finding a business investor than dealing with her daughter's killer who is her current husband's/boyfriend's son.

I kind of only enjoy this Ravi storyline because I like watching him, since he's very hot hahaha