Coronation Street: Discussion Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • Members

The woman who played her was unable to continue acting, as she was too senile to remember her lines. A few months after this, an old love of Minnie's showed up in Weatherfield and told her friends Ena and Albert that she had decided to live with him, and he was there to pack up her belongings. Ena gave him something she knew Minnie would really want. He left, and they had Ena and Albert standing on the road, solemn, realizing they were the only two left.

Corrie was unable to write proper exits for most of their older characters for many years. Even now, they still suck at it (Betty's shameful exit).

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Geoffrey Hughes has passed away. You may know him best as Onslo on Keeping Up Appearances. He was on Corrie for nearly a decade as Eddie Yates, a binman who started out as an unseemly character but soon became like a son to Hilda and Stan Ogden. Many of their most popular moments were with Eddie, like when they were raising chickens, or when Stan accidentally had their clothes taken to the dump.

Great actor, wonderful character.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKKjc5v6r-M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmWPx8QYeH0

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

With each passing episode, I more and more wish Sunita would have died in the tram crash. What a horrible selfish c*nt. And her mousy voice does my head in. And with Friday's episode I got to see the actor who plays Dev "act" for the first time ... wow.

However, Gail messing with Eileen for the hell of it was hilarious bitchy fun. What a cow!

Edited by Bright Eyes

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

image-6-for-celebrity-big-brother-2012-gallery-230152803.jpg

Who is she? OMG, Julie is on the current celeb edition of UK Big Brother and I love her. She is defiently the queen B of the house. Her clainm to fame was on Coronation Street where I read she played Bet for over 25 years. With such longevity, Im assuming she was a fan favorite? Was she a Roxy Balsom type character? Was her catchphrase, "Get it, got it, good!" Julie says that alot in the house and she wears only animal print and alot of animal ears

Here is my favorite moment from her very first day

"Dont TALK SHIIIITTEE!!"

Edited by Cheap21