B&B: Week of July 07, 2008

• Members

Mmmh, there aren't that many new shots actually. They just couple already existing ones and use the long versions which they always show in the closing credits. So far, except for that new Forrester shot there only was a new angle with pool & pool house at the Marone house. I wonder if Lauralee Bell (who's this is in real life) had to film with a camcorder herself.... :lol:

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Steffy/Marcus the best thing on B&B right now. Loved their scenes yesterday.

I'm not. And the music was goes with it too. I can't believe this is happening on a daytime soap. B&B doesn't need to try to be "hip" and appeal to the MTV crowd.

• Members

I like Bridget being a little underhanded and bitchy, but why now after the "I have to save Kate" campaign? Little Dr and Mr Hide...and yet, I still can't seem to care.

We've not got the credits here, we get one of the million "get a converter" commericals

• Members

I meant to comment on that yesterday. GOOD LAWD!!!! And when did she start dressing so ... matronly? I think I've seen those exact clothes she's been wearing the past couple of days in those commercials for clothing for women of mature age. LOL! The name escapes me but I see their commerciall all the time on CBS.

• Members

I look forward to the pool party. I have fond memories of a lot of Forrester pool parties. Here is to hoping that Marcus will be there too :P

Erica didn't really work for me. The actress was okay, but not in this role.

If they were to bring on Mary/Erica they should have gone all out. Cast a drop dead gorgeous girl. Make her completely innocent and unaware of her mother's machinations. Make her the "true love™" of one of the permanent men on canvas. And then have her find out about Sheila and make her a long term heroine who is constantly torn between forgiving her mom or not. Between fearing that she is destined to be like her mom eventually and wanting to live her life. In fact that would also be a way to bring back Sheila as a slightly more normal and realistic character. Maybe in jail somewhere, interacting with her daughter, with her daughter trying to redeem her.

(actually they could still do that. recast Erica and bring her back with amnesia regarding everything that happened)

Alternatively make her a really young immature spitfire and bring back James to try to control her.

BTW, I keep hearing references to Sheila's horrible story on Y&R after she let B&B. I don't really watch Y&R, can somebody explain to me what Sheila did there last?

• Members

I thought they were new and updated...

I actually watched yesterday (or kind of paid attention to the Logans noise as I sat and worked) and I think it really did show what my problem is with the show. It's become the one main story of the Logan's, and the everything else cut around it. I mean we've not seen Ridge since last week, and come on, we don't see Rick and Taylor for weeks and it's a whole show of them in bed together? I know its a half an hour, but if they would step back from the Logans and forcus more on all the storylines they have up in the air it would work

• Members

Good observation.

Honestly, I think the lack of balance is a cost-cutting move for one thing. If you run a six-week story around 5-10 characters, you limit sets and you can film many episodes in a single day. That will become even more important if they are now moving to GL-style location shots.

Secondly, I think it is how Brad drives story given his attentional preferences...it is almost like telenovela embedded within the larger show: Start a romance in 3 days, drive it through for six weeks, then move on to your next story. Start a health crisis, drive it through for six weeks (everyone reacts to it--see Katey, see Beth, see Felicia, see Ridge's heart attack, etc.), then never mention it again.

The only thing I can say about it is that it is not new. Brad has more or less been like this since he took over the show, don't you think?

Archived