Branco interviews Maria Bell and Ed Scott

• Administrator

Bloom only wrote 4 breakdowns: June 29, September 25, 27, November 29.

Why do people insist on using other sources? :D:P;):lol:

Oh Ed, I bet that took every ounce of strength for you to say that. ;)

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

First of all Maura West looks stunning in this banner.

I am really optimistic about Y&R. So far they are doing things the right way and they are not changing things overnight. They can't fire everyone who is not good within a month, this is not Another World. Things take time and so far the Restless Style scenes are much better, Jill seems to be back, Adam and Heather are rather popular and Chloe is doing her best to bring life in a very boring group.

As for Days... I get the feeling Edward Scott is not happy there and he hates the childish/crazy storylines of the show. He is doing his best to convince us everything is ok, but I just don't buy it. For some reason I believe that the last months of 2007 were the last time he enjoyed Days.

Did anyone else notice that he didn't mention Thaao P.?

• Members

God, what a boring interviews. I wonder if Maria's hype is just that and when we see her and Sheffer's material come August, we'll roll our eyes in disgust. :rolleyes:

And Branco, Griffith's promotion to EP was good for the show? :rolleyes: What show is he watching?

And could Ed Scott be more fake?

• Members

I am seriously concerned about this Y&R August hype.

On the plus side, if they are building to a major course correction, and then follow it up with Bell style stories that make sense, I am delighted.

But if we're going to see another Clear Springs (in other words, a Metro Court or a Guiding Light blackout or.... you get the idea)...that was the LAST sign of the apocalypse on this show. So I hope whatever event is EMOTIONAL not physical. Unfortunately, that feels like a major death or whatever...which is also not what this show needs.

Do you think it relates to the finale of David Chow's arc....with the whole cast put in jeopardy?

• Members

I think Hogan will be a much better fit at Y&R then at DAYS. DAYS he never got what he really wanted to do. Hogan's ATWT run was mixed, he was great when Carolyn Culliton was the co-head writer for ATWT. Then Jean Passanante replaced her and it went downhill. Hogan's last year was really bad but the first 2 of his five were excellent. I still loved Hogan way more then Jean P at ATWT which needs to go. In fact I would love Carolyn Culliton to become ATWT head writer, she knows the history very well and was excellent there but she is at OLTL.

• Members

I noticed it, and it pissed me off. BUT, I don't know whether he actually didn't mention Thaao, or Nelson chose to edit it out. I read comments of his, well, elsewhere, and there are things he edited, and he has had rather rousing debates with Thaao fans on his previous Thaao comments. Which, whether or not he likes Thaao, it's his perogative. It's highly unprofessional for EITHER one of them (which ever one, Ed Scott or Nelson) to leave Thaao out.

• Members

I find it highly unlikely that BOTH of them would forget Thaao, especially in light of the clips that were submitted. Nelson made a pretty big deal about it in previous articles. Sorry, but I've read his comments to other people in regards to this, and it makes me highly suspicious, person. :angry:

• Members

I like Nelson Branco, I dig his work and his attitude.

From Maria...sounds like a nice, 'real' person. Also sounds like a really conceited person ("I feel his presence while I write this beautiful and classic show, and his writing style and mine are very similar")...Oh Maria...you and Papa Bell aren't in the same universe, yet. I hope she proves me totally wrong, I'll be the first to admit I was wrong if August actually pans out. It had better not be an effing "Event"...Gloria's Murder? That I could do!

From Ed...full of sh*t. And God bless him. He's in a tough spot, kissing Ken Corday's ass, dealing with Sony...he's a trouper. Full of sh*t, but a trouper. I think it's clear that Ed is an actor's producer. The cast of DAYS is what's keeping him sane, if he is indeed still sane. He misses Y&R, that's clear. He should just go home to CBS and Y&R.

Archived