Branco interviews Maria Bell and Ed Scott

• Members

LOL. I'm not going to necessarily believe that he wouldn't consider altering an interview. I wasn't there.

Look, I still find it highly unlikely that Nelson wouldn't have somehow brought it up, and I don't care. You get Emmy nominated actors after a dry spell in this profession, as a producer, and fail to mention one of them, especially with past history, and it's a slap in the face. It seems very un-Ed Scott-like, for one thing. I'm not going to belabor the fact anymore. I hope you can respect my feelings that I believe it's unprofessional to forget such a thing. An Emmy nod, even for the Daytime Emmys, is nothing to sneeze at.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I wonder if this event Maria is talking about is that upcoming Gala the show's been mentioning a lot lately.

Anyone remember that AMAZING 2003 Gala, during the David Shaughnessy/Jack Smith era? That's what won Y&R the 2004 Emmy for Outstanding Drama Series.

However, I seriously doubt this Gala will come close to the perfection the one in 2003 was.

• Members

This is finally MAB time to prove herself as a writer. I'm going to be optimistic here. She did state that this would be character driven and not plot driven, so that's a plus. And yes the gala of 2003 was Y&R's last beautiful event. From the Nikki/Sharon duo, to Ashley's breakdown, and JT saving Colleen from the fire at the much missed Gina's. Atleast they're doing the gala again this year, hopefully it'll be good.

• Members

I'm going to be optimistic here, too, MTSRocks.

And wow, I am surprised by all the negativity. Especially towards Ed Scott. I don't think he is a god, but I *do* think that most of the improvement on Days is largely down to his production style and his producing and directing team.

LOL, OK, yes, he seems to be toeing the party line re: Corday and Higley. I was heartened, though, by his comments re: "good drama, good writing, character-driven storylines, emotional performances, and suspense." That's the kind of Daytime drama I love! Unlike a lot of IIC out there, Scott seems to have his head screwed on right.

As for Maria Arena Bell, obviously her interview was a big PR exercise to get people watching. I *do* think the show has improved under her watch though, and I stick by that view. :P

It has a long way to go and from her comments I am worried we have another Out of Our Asses coming up. However, those fears were tempered somewhat by her assertion that they had been laying down the groundwork for pay-off for a number of months now.

And honestly, I'd much rather have a "Bell" :rolleyes: writing than somebody who despised soaps and wanted to turn Y&R into a Primetime-esque, stand-alone episode-plotting mess. MAB sounded like she genuinely loves Y&R and William Bell's legacy.

The interview reinforced my view that Barbara Bloom's interference is costing Y&R dearly, though.

• Members

THese interviews are so uninformative. Sheesh!

Don't know whether my expectation where to high for the first MAB interview: A Barbara Walters tell all biography epic interview :D but this is just not cutting it.

Both interviews have this "whatever" feel to it. Both promise 'great things', what 'fans will love' - still they spill nothing or do not even give hints. I'd also wished for more backstage talk. SIgh!

• Members

Of course since Ed has good things to say about Dena and Days, he's full of [!@#$%^&*].

Jesus Christ, can't the man genuinely like something without fans saying hes a phony?

This is getting freaking old. :rolleyes:

Archived