Branco interviews Maria Bell and Ed Scott

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Meh. I don't really have anything to say. Scott sounds as brain-washed as John Black is. And Maria sounded more human, but didn't really say anything.

Not really much to say about any of it. I'm so ambivalent these days about both shows. I just wanted to make sure people knew it was there. Didn't say there was anything interesting.

• Members

Precisely. And Scott offended DOOL actors. :lol:

I liked this part:

TVG: Well, I'm hoping you and Hogan can reclaim your 4.0 rating. At
ATWT
, he won Emmys and ratings love. It can be done. Have you asked your brother-in-law,
B&B
chief Bradley Bell for advice?

MB: We used to be writing partners way back when in the late '80s and early '90s. It was a lot of fun, but you know, there's a lot of cross-town family rivalry, too! Each of us want to come out on top, and be No.1! [Laughs] Which I think is healthy…

• Members

TVG: And your cast isn’t so bad either. Heck, you’ve even made me like Adrienne Frantz [Amber]… [laughs]

MB: I am blessed with the most talented cast on daytime.
How could I go wrong?

Let me count the ways...

• Members

Yeah, I did smile at that. (Although "Writing Partners"?! ON what? B&B? She was just a SCRIPT-WRITER!)

Both interviews just seemed like lip service. And I'd like to believe Hogan/Maria will be an amazing team, but I'm not really sure anyone can make a fair and balanced assessment until it starts airing. And even then, I'd give it a few months. Maria's far been the savior many people wanted her to be due to her last name. (And yes, I know nobody actually said "savior". I'm not saying anyone did. Just that when fans heard "A Bell" was going to headwrite Y&R, that held a lot more weight than any other head writer they could have brought in)

I don't know WHAT to say about Ed. "I like Ken." "I like Dena." "Hulk smash."

• Members

Promising a fun summer... and talking about balancing each other out... I've heard it all before. It's like Maria was repeating the words we have been using on the forum during the last few months... this summer better be good! I don't want another disappointment.

• Members

That's not entirely true. After the first Emmy sweep in 2001, ATWT shot up to #3 in the households, and stayed in that vicinity for that entire summer (the summer of Craig's trial/boathouse fire)

ATWT stayed in those parts (#3/#4) in households for another year/year and a half, before they started to fall again.

Archived