Y&R: Week of June 30, 2008

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Rude posts?! :lol: Yeah, it's true. I am rude. Rude about the shows and rude about the characters. And sometimes rude about the actors if, in my humble opinion, they are failing to bring something to the table.

However. 1. It is just my opinion. Nobody else's.

And 2. y&r_fan, I have NEVER attacked you, either personally or otherwise. Because I respect your right to your opinion, whether it is different from mine or not. I saw your post supporting TS and I left it alone because I don't want to start anything either. I don't post to attack posters. I respect that you like Tammin. Believe it or not, I used to watch Home & Away back in the day, and I liked TS's interpretation of Dani Sutherland, too. Especially when she went through the was-she/wasn't-she raped? trauma.

I shouldn't have called her AusColleen as that was bitchy and I didn't mean to diss Australia. I love Aussie soaps.

And I hope you haven't felt targeted and spat upon because, speaking for myself, that has never been my intention -- to attack you or anybody else -- in posting.

I hope you will reconsider and stay at this board. I came here a couple of years ago with opinions that differed from most people. Yeah, I was forced to fight my corner. Many MANY times. You know what? It just convinced me to stand by my views (even if they are on inconsequential things like soaps) all the more strongly.

I love B&B's Brooke Logan, for example. Now, you must know what a hard fight that is! Brooke HO-gan, Whore-gan, the Forrester Bicycle, etc. I've heard it all. Whatever. I like the character and that is that! The cool thing about SON? I've developed "virtual friendships" (if you could call it that) with people who despise her. I'm never going to change their opinion of her, but we've found common ground.

And there are people who who post the exact opposite of what I think. But I love to read their posts anyway because they are so erudite and thought-provoking. They make me think, make me analyse. It's all to the good.

Anyhoo, I hope you stay because you add something different around here to the threads (especially on Y&R and B&B).

Sincerely,

Cat

• Members

Well it is finally shown who killed Ji Min Kim.... Didn't see that coming a MILE away :rolleyes:

I knew it was David from the word go.....and um how the HELL is this fool Walter even connected to Ji Min to begin with?

The minute Heather started talking about re-opening the case, I knew then Paul would eventually be right back to David.... I'm personally glad because David should have been gone a long ass time ago.

• Members

I'm just happy they're getting that this Ji Min thing is over with and it looks like Vincent Irizarry doesn't have much longer left. So much time has passed since he died, that I don't really care anymore.

Maybe Nikki can relapse or a Paul/Nikki/Victor triangle will eventually happen?

• Members

That CBS promo was awful. I wish they kept Y&R out of it.

I hate how Sabrina speaks to people. Very self-righteous, condescending, and childish.

SLAP him Jill. SLAP HIM AGAIN. I love how seamlessly Walton changes emotion, she's incredible.

While the story was weak, the reveal of Ji-min was nearly classic Y&R.

• Members

Awesome show today. I LOVED MTS today especially her scenes with Sabrina. MTS was perfect in those. And Jill was hot today too. From bitchin out Heather to slappin Jeffrey. Perfect.

I remember us all debating about the Ji Men murder and yup - it's David. Very cool. Apparently, he's a hired hit man for Walter when he (David) owes him money from gambling? That's my take on it. This should be a good story, though. And VI can wave bi-bi none too soon IMO.

VB was good today too. She is seriously growing on me.

No Restless Style today = good. No Amber today = good. No Colleen/Adrian today = good.

• Members

Indeed MTS was superb today. Honestly, I'm shocked that Y&R is still writing good stuff for her. She's been shamelessly under-utilized for years. Although, the victim role is annoying. I'd rather Nikki/Victor don't get back together, after that nasty divorce. It'd be better if they just agree to remain amicable, and move on with their lives.

And I've noticed the difference, how without Restless Style the show THRIVES. I think viewers are just tired of that quad.

This David story has promise now, but I know it will end with Victor beating the goons and rescuing Nikki and I hope that I'm wrong.

• Members

Yay for that!

There is still one thing that ruining the show---Lily's storyline. It's just so boring, but they keep pushing her down our throats. And then Cane steps in and makes the situation a thousand times worse. Add to that the uninteresting pairing of Neil/Karen (both good characters, but together they suck), the neverending crush Devon has on Lily and we've got ourselves a total flop. I just hate the way Winters are written these days.

• Members

^^^I look forward to Devon's storyline and his aunt. Everybody says the actress is too young, but that doesn't bother me. I can see her being the mother of an adolescent daughter. The thing with Lily is that they keep writing her as a child. Regardless of what people think of CK, the writing is doing her no favours. Her "spectacular 21st b-day" party was so lame and childish. They should have had her gone to Vegas, or something exciting. They need to hook Karen up with someone else, because two boring characters = a dud pairing. For once I'm optimistic about the show and MAB again.

• Members

I am still trying to figure out why they brought Karen back. With all the speculation of Rowell returning later this year, maybe it's somehow connected to that. But I doubt it. If they wanted her, they would have gotten her back by now.

There are still a few I can't stand, but I must agree that David is one of the worst ever created. Thanks Latham!

Archived