DAYS: Character Return Spoiler

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Actually Melaswen was in there as a contingency just in case the backlash was too severe. If killing off the cast had been a resounding success they would have stayed dead cause it was better for the budget, but the hints that they weren't dead were in the story right from the start for those observant enough to see them.

As for Stefano coming back, my initial response is "why bother?", but with Ali Sweeney's pregnancy announcement today I'm not as surprised. I'm sure Stefano will kidnap Sami when Ali goes on mat leave.

• Members

I agree with one thing.....The Hortons are the heart and soul of Days and there is no other family that truely defines Salem like the Hortons. Also, I miss the Days of the believable villan on this show, like Alex Marshall or Harper Deveraux.

As for Jawn returning to John, PLEASE let it happen and quickly. There is a set order to a show, and like it or not, Salem needs it's hero. I'm not a Drake fan, but I miss campy, "I just pooed in my pants" faced, John. He is a major part of the canvas, and this shallow character is part of the mix.

The Hortons were Days main family when this show was at it's peak. It gets me frustarted that People don't seem to remember that and give the actors and characters during that era their due. The show was almost perfectly executed during those "glory days'. Days has not rivaled that era since. Not during the Gloria Monty induced "supercouple" era. Not during Reilly's revival. Not during any of it.

• Members

I think Stefano has been used and abused for well over a decade, but I'm glad he's back. It's very WTF-ish, though, after what happened. What's with Days and flip-flopping DiMeras? Lexie being hired and fired and hired and fired and hired, anyone?

I liked Jawn for about two months, but now it's getting old. This isn't who he's supposed to be. They're just dragging it out.

• Members

I liked Marlena much better while John was dead. I for one would love to see her involved with somebody else. These days she keeps acting like a weak Krystle Carrington around Jawn and I can't stand her.

Jawn has become rather boring.

But Stefano? Again? I miss the days of a normal villain as well. All this brainwashing and kidnapping and holding prisoner etc has turned most storylines into a joke. And in my opinion things like that don't work for a soap opera in the long run. Look at Stefano. He has terrorized John, Marlena, Bo, Hope, John, Marlena, Steve, Kayla, Roman and Sami among others and we have seen the same storyline repeated again and again.

If they wanted a villain they could have hired Hunt Block to play Peter Blake or William DeVry as David Banning.

But instead of that more madness...

• Members

A David Banning Return :wub:

I would love to see him back in town. It would be a return to normalcy, but I'm afraid that Days has passed that point a long time ago. Ther show has rid itself of the Hortons, and I think it's less definable for it.

As for Marlena acting like a weak Krystle...so true. When Marlena was with Don or Roman, she wasn't written as a co-dependant, irritating, man-absorbed tween. It's like she's an adolecent when he comes around, clinging to the hope that he'll return her crush. It's out of character. Marlena is strong, independant, and accomplished doctor who has made her own way and pursued her own career. She has survived rape, the death of her son, the death of her twim, and many other catastrophies with dignity, but now she's reduced to begging for love.....

I agree that she's just not Marlena anymore.

I love JM so much though, that his return has me excited.

• Members

I couldn't agree with you more. Sometimes, I think of Saundra Santiago (ex-Carmen Santos -GL) and wonder why she gave the show as many chances as she did. Because she was fired consistently over and over for story dedicated purposes ... but still. I would have told DAYS to shove it too.

• Members

I agree with this. Mascolo would be pointless back if they don't write him as a ball of fire like Stefano has always truly been. And he should have no vendetta against the teens either it should be a vet centric story (Poor Roscoe Borne, what a waste!!). I'm glad he's back but if it is to do what he did during his last stint then he's better off gone IMO.

Archived