Y&R: Week of June 2, 2008

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Interesting question. I suspect because the canvas is already pretty full.

He's probably also hedging his bets -- keeping Amelia Heinle on now that Heather Tom signed a contract with B&B.

Perhaps Adrianne Leon rebuffed an offer to come back (not that I would blame her, the way she was treated. But I still wish she'd return).

After making such a big deal about Christel returning as Lily and watching it blow up in their faces, JG may be hesitant to deal with the whole Lily issue AT ALL. You know how these TV types never want to admit they made a mistake!

Victoria Rowell took exception to the way other cast members treated her, comments by Peter Bergman in the press, etc. Maybe that's the sticking-point at the moment: how would PB react if VR returned (and vice versa)?

The behind-the-scenes situation is in major transition at the moment, what with Sheffer coming on board. It's like Y&R is treading water until he's in place. Maybe he'll make a decision about bringing Ashley back to the show (even though I love her on B&B. And not to get off tangent, but on B&B there are rumors that KKL wants more time to pursue outside business interests. If that's the case, Brad Bell might want to push somebody like Ash to the fore as B&B's catalyst blonde -- Jennifer Gareis is not quite up to that role and Eileen Davidson already has a built-in fanbase from Y&R).

I'm also wondering how much Griffith's hands are tied by Sony's interfernce. Ever since William J. Bell died, they and Barbara Bloom have been much more interventionist with Y&R, making a set of decisions which triggered the problems the show faces today. I'm still not convinced a writer who is unfamiliar with the show's style, history and uniqueness was the best choice, but it sure sounds like a Sony decision.

I'm just speculating here, of course. :)

• Members

She really is. :wub: Lying to Gloria about Jeff's death, and then lying that he told her all about the previous poisoning... she's fierce! And she gloats every time she gets the upper hand on Gloria.

• Members

Here are some news:

Elizabeth Hendrickson (Chloe) is now on contract. :)

Also, Nia Peeples (Karen) is back on contract as of June 13.

Tammin Sursok (Colleen) returns June 19.

• Members

I believe Kristoff St. John said in an interview that the writers don't have the intention of bringing Rowell back currently, but implied something about "later this year."

• Members

Peeples could bring it, so I'm glad she gets another chance.

To me, this is another sign they are building a return for Rowell. They've got to get Neil happily moved on with another woman so that it REALLY HURTS when Dru returns.

• Members

1. Yay!

2. Okay. I like Karen and MarkH said, this could be of great use if VR finally came back...

3. Blah. Blah. Blah. Recast Colleen. Break her off with Cowbell. Kill her off. What ever. Just do sth. because this actress sucks beyond repair and makes the character as of now ulta-boring.

Archived