Y&R: Week of June 2, 2008

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm hoping that they will resolve it... But why are they waiting so long to get Irizarry off the show? Do they think of him as such a huge talent that they can't lose him or something? Or do they need another two-three months for his gambling problem to become more serious? I just don't get it. Whatever it is, I just want him gone soon. And Ji Min's killer revealed already.

• Members

Speaking of dropped SLs... remember when Cane picked up the phone, called somebody and said "They totally bought it. I'm in" ? I often wonder if they'll ever refer back to that. I don't mind waiting for that some time down the line, though. With Irizarry, I think they are building all this up carefully so that when David Chow is at the end of his tether, that is when he's going to strike and reveal his true self to Nikki. But He'll probably be gone before the year is out.

• Members

I hope so. When I look back, Maria and Josh have corrected a lot mistakes from the Latham era, but for some reason people are tuning out. If they were able to correct some of the mistakes Lynn made, I'm hoping they will correct others--most notable, the horrid Lily/Cane relationship, as a start.

• Members

Dammit, I remember that too.

I say dammit because everything from Cane from the past few weeks has complicated that. He does seem to love Jill and K. And if the writers did decide to make him a fraud, it'd be really hard to let him go.

• Members

It is long overdue that they explain Miguel's absence. He was last seen around Thanksgiving - 2005!

They only mentioned him from time to time but this send-off is the best way to close the chapter. End of an era. Miguel was one of of those Bill Bell created listening boards like Lynne, Marissa (though she being an Alden creation) or maids Maria & Connie and secretaries like Trish & Megan on B&B...

Bye bye Miguel - his best and only story was the Veronica stuff though but this kicked ass.

• Members

Eh, to see Lynne, Mary or Miguel would be nice... but they're all gone. I'm happy that they at least kept Esther (and Gina on recurring).

I remember when I first heard about LML planning to put Cane and Lily together. Immediately the entire net started throwing up at the possibility of hooking those two up, but nothing happened. When Maria and Josh corrected all of those mistakes, I started hoping that they took time to read the boards and that's why suddenly we saw things changing in the positive way. But then why can't they correct the Lane mistake? And if Rowell is so open to returning, why aren't they doing anything about it? Any reasonable person would take her back in a minute. Maybe she has high demands or something?

However, there are still a lot of things that need to fixed, but all new head-writers prefer to continue the lousy stories rather than try to rectify them.

Archived