Soap Opera Background Music Thread

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Haha thanks! The arrangement on this cue was relatively simple compared to the cues that had basically a full blown orchestra, but still takes a bit of time considering I'm horrible at the piano. 

Please register in order to view this content

Ahh just checked the back cover of the soundtrack, "3 A.M." gives me Grace going after Nick and Tricia kissing Tony vibes! 

The one I re-composed was introduced in 2001 during the Raul diabetes storyline, so it wouldn't have been on the 1998 soundtrack.

• Members

That’s one of my favorite too lol when exactly did the show start using it? I first remember it being used clearly with Nick and Grace, Tony and Tricia, Diego and Sharon, Gary and Victoria etc lol but then it seems like it was used as early as 1993/94 for Cole and Victoria and Jill and Jed. The last time I recall hearing it was in 2009 with Sharon and Billy I believe. 

• Members

LOL I think that person may have been myself as I do remember posting the music link instead of the generic song that got played during their initial sex and then was replayed a couple weeks later when Billy tried to convince Phyllis something magical had happened lol. Some of Y&R’s music numbers are just so timeless that 11.3AM should have never been abandoned. 

I mean it was interesting to me that I discovered during last year’s classics that Y&R used both Liz’s theme and the Genoa City theme from 1973 well into 1994/1995. The last I heard “Love is Gone” was in June 2011 when Victor served Jack subpoena papers following the notorious ambulance scene.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...