Days: Another Soap Vet Joines Cast

• Members

It may also be because of the timing.

Days fired JM.....and then some days later hire RB.

To some, it may seem like they got rid of JM just to bring on RB........another DH favorite. A great actor, mind you, and any show would be lucky to have him........but the timing just seems off.

That's all I'm saying. :)

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I know exactly what you mean, Roman. Believe me, I do. The timing is a tad suspicious, yes.

But I don't think its fair to take it out on Roscoe, as some people are already doing.

And as far as JM is concerned, its not even CONFIRMED by him or the show yet. So I'm still not buying that one.

• Members

Color me shocked. :o I thought once Ava's father was cast all hopes of Roscoe Born coming on to DAYS were shot. I don't like that we're getting yet anoher new character, but at least the actor is good and look at the rest of the new characters that we've gotten so far. Tamara Braun, Shawn Christian and Joe Penny, so far, have made their new characters a lot more tolerating due to their talents. Roscoe will be no different, at least I hope.

The show does need new blood because everyone is related to each other. And as long as he has a connection to someone, I see no problem. However, Higley's characters always scare me. The characters she created the first time she wrote DAYS, and then the characters she created on OLTL were all extremely one-note and isolated with OTHER new characters that we didn't care about. So far, that hasn't been much of a problem. Each character seems to be intertwined with already existing and fan favorites. That's a good thing. Lets hope that trend continues.

• Members

You mean like how some people took it out on Tamara Braun a couple months ago after Brandon and Martha were fired and she was announced to be coming on, only a week or so after B&M left?

Roscoe Born is a fabulous actor and I enjoy him, but after the news of JM quite probably leaving DOOL - the timing TPTB have at DOOL is tacky and very disrespectful to the actors who got their pink slip.

To each their own, but it sucks when a HW plays favorites and brings on their pets to suit their own agenda. JFP, Guza, and Frons have been doing it for years at GH. I wouldn't expect anything less from Higley. It's all part of her M.O.

I wonder how the cast feels about this brilliant move by Higley and Corday.

• Members

Yes, and I felt the same way then as I do now. Tamara has been nothing short of mesmerizing since she debuted, and is one of the primary reasons I tune in now. Funny how it took a newbie to breathe life into my favorite show.

I have no doubt that Roscoe will bring it. He was what got me tuning into OLTL years ago.

• Members

Yes, we have too many newbies on the canvas, but come on people... it's Roscoe Born, one of the great villain actors ever to grace a daytime screen. What's this make now, 1000 soaps that he has been on?

• Members

I agree, Shawn. New blood is needed and I love that Days keeps bringing in talented actors and actresses. I hate that the show cut lose people like MM, JM, etc but Higley has done a fine job with Ava, Daniel, and Martino. I'm really enjoying all three of them and Tamara, Shawn, and Joe are doing fantastic in the roles.

Can't wait to see what Roscoe brings to the show.

• Members

I'm going to take a wait and see approach. I am working on giving DAYS a chance, and I will say, though I think the character of Ava is not needed, it's nos secret that Tams is totally rocking in this role. No it's not the greatest story, but she brings her all each and every day. Roscoe Born is a fantastic actor and I think he'll be a great addition to the show.

Archived