Days: Another Soap Vet Joines Cast

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hmmm is everybody talking about dumping some cast member to bring on a newbie? That would be like, say RC dumping Forbes March to bring on his newbie Jared or Gigi or Brody or Charlie or Ramsey or Jordan oh well, there are too many to list :P :P Of course not, that would be irrational thinking, I know. That would be saying that it ain't the story, the show or the character, it is personal likes and dislikes of a writer.

Back on topic, I think Roscoe Born is a great hire and I'm glad they are bring him on. I am enjoying DOOL so much and I hope it continues to be a good show and the DH doesn't screw up.

• Members

Well, I could care less about Shawn. I cared more for Belle and they wasted for Billie for so long. I mean, both JER and Hogan wasted her so I didn't disagree with cutting her because she was just wallpaper. Stefano I'm ok with (I just hate the way they did it. It's all up to personal preference and it should be noted that around other boards reactions to these new characters is fairly positive so she must be doing something right.

The show just needs new blood and I am happy we are getting it. I don't even think Ava and Martino are meant to be long-term but it's just great to have other people in Salem not connected to core families. They are not dominating airtime and are more supporting then anything else (except Daniel, who is beginning to lead a story). As long as they aren't dominating stories or airtime like other shows, I see no problem with it personally.

• Members

to be honest, i wouldnt.

because for me shawn and belle are pointless. i know KC wants them together and i dont like them together so id rather them be gone.

billie has been a mess since lisa rinna left the first time. no one has been able to write her well since then, tho JP was fab.

and stefano is sooo played out.

• Members

With all of the hirings and costs of veteran and seasoned actors coming on the show, I wonder if the people in charge will start asking actors with long-term contracts or up for renewal to sign up on recurring to save cost, take huge pay cuts, or let them go from the show.

Sounds to me sooner than later Drake Hogestyn, Deidre Hall, Kristian Alfonso, Peter Reckell, Alison Sweeney and many more fan favorites on non-recurring contracts will neither be let go or demoted to recurring to fulfilled Corday's and Higley's "Save Days" campaign plan.

I'm all for newbies; even though, most die hard soap fans couldn't give a damn about them. Whether they're teen or adult newbies, they better be worth the sacrifice of replacing their establishing actors for actors that is only going to be used during that writer's time is not only risking morale on the set, but, risking that soap's familiarity to the casual and hardcore viewers.

I hope for them and all of soaps that when they take gambles like this; bringing in new character(s) to replace old ones, that they uses them well to spice up storylines in the long run and not just going into a love triangles or love quadrangles all the damn time. I mean, can a character in soap at least have a storyline without having love interest(s) or join the mafia at all in order to be frontburner?

Archived