B&B: Bring back Beth Logan

• Members

Judith McConnell would be inspired casting. Blonde, beautiful and can ACT her ass off, she'd be excellent.

Julia Barr, Linda Dano and Anna Stuart are also wonderful choices...again, they have talent.

And in defense of Donna Mills, she's a good actress who isn't afraid to 'dress down' for a role. I think she could easily pull off Beth Logan, ex-caterer to the stars. She IS 68 by the way so she's the perfect age.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Great topic.

I was just about to mention in the weekly discussion threat. Easy choice numero uno:

Where's JOAN COLLINS when you need her!? They totally retooled all the Logans, so why not diva-nized Beth to the max.

Marla Adams who I FLOVE as Dina on Y&R was a horrible temp Beth during a Xmas in the early 90s, BTW. Dónna Mills could make a nice Beth, though.

• Members

I saw the Marla Adams scenes on YouTube recently and she was actually really creepy in the role which is a bizarre thing to say. Whereas Nancy Burnett was a fairly likeable woman but generally ineffectual mother, MA's Beth was this sinister woman-on-the-verge-of-a-nervous-breakdown who had a palpable sexual jealousy of Brooke and taunted Stephanie like never before.

I completely accept that Donna Mills is the right age but she does look a great deal younger. I also think she's a fantastic actress because I loved her on KL but I would rather they avoided casting a sex kitten as Beth. I can't explain why I'm so against her but I just don't feel the role would play to her strengths.

Joan Collins is too old. ;)

Still on Judith McConnell. She'd be absolute dynamite.

The character actually fascinates me because she's something of an enigma. Most of what we've come to know about her is based on what we've been told about the Logan family. When she was onscreen, the character was so underwritten that you couldn't get much from that either.

I want to see her as someone who (not unlike Brooke) is an essentially decent woman but was a profoundly damaging influence on her children because of her emotional weakness.

• Members

This one really excites me.

She has the gravitas to be a real Stephanie replacement...different, but of that ilk.

Beth Logan as the new dysfunctional matriarch of B&B, played by the incredible Judith.

I'm still flashing back to those heart-rending scenes on Santa Barbara when she remembered shooting Channing. Oh my goodness.

• Members

Oh I agree. I can see her channelling that kind of talent into some very hefty guilt scenes about what's happened to her kids.

Of course the other upside to casting McConnell is that she'd be much more likely to stick around indefinitely as opposed to a big name. She'd certainly make the transition smoother if Flannery retires and I can see sparks between her and Eric if they decided to throw her in that direction.

LOL put the word grand in that sentence and you'd be more on the mark. And not positioned before the words "Joan Collins" either. ;)

• Members

Wasn't Donna Mills up for the Gloria role on Y&R when Joan van Ark left? Speaking of which, could you imagine JvA still on Y&R? Imagine having that hot mess on screen day in, day out. I will say, Judith Chapman has totally made that role her own.

Anyway, could Jacklyn Zeman fit as Beth Logan?

• Members

I dont know if I could see Jackie playing mother to KKL, but if I can buy Patrick Duffy as her father then why not! Jackie is too good of an actress to be wasted on GH.

I agree that Judith Chapman has made the role of Gloria her own, and the only reason I would still want JVA in the role is to see her and Ted Shackelford acting together again.

• Members

Jackie Zeman would be AWESOME on B&B. When GH used to write for her she showed her chops.

Judith McConnell might look a bit too old next to Patrick Duffy...whereas Jackie Zeman might look too young. I'm still going with McConnell...but Zeman, my heart be still, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too good to be left on the GH backburner.

• Members

You do realize that Julia Barr is the same age as Patrick Duffy right? Both are 59 and only a month apart. John Mccook is only 5 years older than them. I dont see Julia as being too young for the role

You got that right. I thought LAD should have played Joan in the Dynasty movie

• Members

Great discussion so far everyone, I love the idea of Julia Barr.

OR

Beverlee McKinsey

I'm puttering around on a B&B fanfic, and I cast Sally Field in the role of Brooke's mother, and Joan Collins I re-cast as Jackie. Joan could be Jackie's mom maybe but not Nick's grandma.

Archived