ATWT week of 4/21

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I give those Van Hansis fans credit for using their media contacts to get the publicity that let Luke and Noah kiss. Basically, they have accomplished their "agenda" for one of the worse couples on ATWT.

ATWT is in sorry shape. It should be embarrassed that it let Martha go. It is only fair that they are stuck with terrible actors playing even worse characters.

• Members

Hmm....such negativism.

I'm thrilled about this...regardless of sexuality, finally daytime may tell this story authentically. The under-the-radar event was brilliant on two levels.

First, by sneaking in the kiss, no advance protest (e.g., from conservative christian groups) could stir things up.

Second, this now ensures viral dissemination (some of you already mentioned Youtube)...which is 'hip and cool'...and that grows the desired demos.

Let me also say I hope that people don't go to Youtube, but to CBS.com (online streaming) ... if they count the hits, and the advertisers count the hits, more good stuff will follow.

This is a terrific way to shift some of the sad attention away from Martha Byrne's departure. Good job!

• Members

Jake Silberman??? Anyone???

CBS.com is too slow though and it freezes up. I know I am not the only one who has troubles with it. Youtube is a much better choice to catch an eppy.

I have a feeling that is why it was done. I hadnt thought of the MB angle. They need something to keep the viewers watching. I am looking forward to the Emily/Tom/Maro/Casey dynamics instead however.

As to Nuke...lets see how long it takes for the second kiss to occur. A year,.......never.....we will see.

• Members

I am not sure I understand the comment...either "kool-aid" or "you people".

I'd invite your specific refutation or disagreement with the facts or conjectures in my earlier post.

Suffice it to say, for me, I am pleased whenever daytime broadens its' universe. Physical disability on Port Charles. Alzheimers on ATWT. African Americans throughout the 60s and 70s. GLBT, sporadically, since the 80s. A person of middle eastern descent on Y&R now. Jewish people on OLTL and Y&R. And so on.

I actually don't want their differences to be a part of the story...I just want diverse people in my daytime universe. What we saw with ATWT today was one small part of that. I don't care if we never see kissing again (well, I do)...but I want to know that these two young gay men are allowed to have the same love and affection and respect as everyone else. I don't care if a lot of that happens off camera...I just want the depiction to be authentic.

No kool-aid. I'm not a member of any "you people" I can think of (although that's a fascinating rhetorical distancing device, if that was your intention?). Just happy that the soap universe looks more and more like the real one.

• Members

The problem was that when the Nuke story was being handled and shown with respect, some bitched and moaned how "out of place" it was in Oakdale, where couples with one vagina get married every six months and grind themselves to death in elevators. God forbid you didn't care, or didn't see the need to bring it up after every Nuke episode. And don't even get me started on the scary level of dislike around some parts for Ameera, the poor confused girl co*kblocker. Funny how a message about tolerance got lost when it comes to the mandatory third wheel.

• Members

i dont really think much of nuke one way or another, but congrats to the fans of that couple. i thinkjw e all can understand how happy they must be fore that one small moment of a couple they root for. we all have had out fave coupels throwen under the bus and ruiend before.

• Members

Kind of like the Carjack fans must feel now. I'm not a diehard Carjacker, but I recognize the immense chemistry between Maura and Michael and I gotta believe those fans are getting ready to burn down the CBS Broadcast Center.

Archived