Jump to content
dm.

Santa Barbara Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

Gordon Thomson comes out. I'm not really surprised. But good for him. (I do recall an old SOD interview - I think it was right after he joined SB - where he danced around about relationships when asked about a special woman or something.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, juniorz1 said:

 

That she was for the first year or so- AND that of the entire cast over the years, she is the one that SB launched into legitimate stardom.  It's actually a very telling story for actors that consider soaps to be a "training ground."  With all of the cast turnover in those 9 years, SB only launched one actual star.  Sure some actors that left did get work in other mediums, but the ratio when you factor in the ones that left to pursue greener pastures doesn't bode well for leaving a soap for fame and fortune.

I guess it's safe to say that Robin Wright effectively stopped being the top female star on Santa Barbara when the Joe Perkins and Peter Flint characters were killed off in early 1985.  Would you agree with me, juniorz1?

 

BTW, juniorz1, you might want to check this out.  You have to excuse me.  I don't want Marcy Walker's accomplishments as an actress to be marginalized because she mainly did daytime soaps and wasn't a mainstream A-lister.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/14/2017 at 10:48 PM, Hunk Chandler Massey said:

The only time I liked SB was when the Walker family was on with Forry Smith, Sydney Penny, Eric Close and Kim Zimmer...

 

 

 

 

Hunk Chandler Massey, were you a big fan of Guiding Light?  After all, there were at least periods where Kim Zimmer was the top female star of that soap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, GSGfan2017 said:

BTW, juniorz1, you might want to check this out.  You have to excuse me.  I don't want Marcy Walker's accomplishments as an actress to be marginalized because she mainly did daytime soaps and wasn't a mainstream A-lister.

 

This link has nothing to do with anything.


Just admit to people you want them to agree with you that Marcy Walker is the star of everything and move the fúck on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Vee said:

 

This link has nothing to do with anything.


Just admit to people you want them to agree with you that Marcy Walker is the star of everything and move the fúck on.

 

Not to mention, she isn't acting anymore, hasn't in years since she has found God, and likely will never act again. So, yeah, for the love of God, as Elsa from Frozen would sing, "Let It Gooooooooooooo..."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/26/2017 at 1:07 PM, juniorz1 said:

That she was for the first year or so- AND that of the entire cast over the years, she is the one that SB launched into legitimate stardom.  It's actually a very telling story for actors that consider soaps to be a "training ground."  With all of the cast turnover in those 9 years, SB only launched one actual star.  Sure some actors that left did get work in other mediums, but the ratio when you factor in the ones that left to pursue greener pastures doesn't bode well for leaving a soap for fame and fortune.

Both Leonardo DiCaprio and Téa Leoni had short-term stints on Santa Barbara, but I can't say that either one of them was ever under contract with the soap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/18/2017 at 11:16 PM, Nomada said:

Leonardo was only one episode. About Tea I have no idea if she was more than one episode.

 

Yeah, Téa Leoni was in more than one episode, but wasn't around too long. She was a fill in Lisa DiNapoli for Tawny Kitaen. No idea what necessitated the substitution, but Kitaen eventually returned to play out the rest of Lisa's storyline. I recall she was the leak to Robert Barr during the Capwell Enterprises takeover story, but was blackmailed or whatever for her to do it.

 

Lisa was written as a sympathetic character. Of the three DiNapoli sisters, she seemed to get the meatiest stuff. (Signy Coleman's character, ex-prostitute Celeste, was stuck mooning over boring Dr. Scott Clark and in competition with Michael Donnelly's sister, fellow doc Heather, for him. I think both ladies deserved better. Ironically, of course, Coleman and Irizarry met during that storyline and married in real life, having their daughter before they split. Another such couple with the same circumstances and ending was Roscoe Borne and Roberta Bizeau/Weiss, who obviously played Flame Beaufort to his Robert Barr and Quinn.)

 

And Emily? (Surprised I recall her name, she was sooooo bland) married C.C.'s newly-discovered (and fast forgotten) son, Greg, after a courtship of nothing but dull sex and horrible Michael Bolton songs accompanying it, and they mercifully left town to go bore folks elsewhere. And neither were ever mentioned again, as far as any mentions of C.C.'s kids went. And no one cared.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Wow! These scenes are perfect. Marcy and Robin are great. When I see this, I remember why I hate so much the relationship between Eden and Kelly’s version made by Carrington Garland.

See the difference

 

 

 

It looks like a different show written by other writes.

 

I have not anything against Carrington but her version of Kelly was just other character not Kelly. The same with Terry Lester as Mason. Nothing to do with the original role.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×