Braeden's TRUE FEELINGS towards LML Unleashed!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Diamont could be a Lead but he needs a really good HW to do so & as long as Latham was around nobody was gonna get that kind of quality writing. lol

But it is funny how quickly Diamont's ass hit the backburner once LML was gone. :lol:

• Members

Le sigh. It sucks what the character has been reduced to. I don't think she'll ever rebound with all that's happen. Bergman ans Stafford are truly great together, I hope they share more scenes. But Stafford was just brilliant that year, hell the whole cast was on fire, especially Cooper and definitely Walton (who should have been nominated and won).

As for Diamont, I thought he had lead potential when he was opposite Eileen Davidson. He did some of his best work with her, especially in there breakup. The thing with DD is that he needs top notch actors to elevate his game, are else he gets sinks. Which is why LML giving him the reliquary storyline, and then putting him with Amelia, Case, and Morrow was just stupid.

• Members

As much as I agree with Braeden's dislike of LML's writing,I also get annoyed by his arrogance that viewers want to see Victor Newman front and center every day.Victor has been a major character for 28 years and done just about everything he can.

I don't want to see Victor in another romance with a woman half his age or Victor vs Jack round 245!

Remember Victor was brought in by Bill Bell to revive a show that after 7 years was wearing out it's main characters.New younger characters are vital to any show.

Unfortunately current writers do not tie them in successfully to vets.

Victor should still be visible and vital as a father,grandfather and businessman,but not as the lead protaganist or leading man.

• Members

I think it's great (for real) that LML has had such a horrible backlash, because most soaps have had utterly terrible writers ruin them far more, but Y&R seemed to be the one soap immune to sheer ruination --- until LML. It feels like they've said, "Hell no, not this one. We ain't letting it happen."

• Members

It's just so unfair! I get to read these comments from other actors regarding Lynn Marie Latham and yet, I can't even read a little nibble about Guiding Light actors talking smack about Ellen Wheeler and David Kreizman. It's just not fair! :lol:

• Members

Read between the lines, Noel. ;) In that SOD article on Beth Ehlers I think she admitted her true feelings -- she likes working with Murray Bartlett, but RPG was a goldmine for her and for Harley and she knows it.

As for Y&R? Wow. I loved Latham and Bernie Lechowick on Knots Landing (and I know some of the KL actors had issues with her too), but it sounds like LML's got a thousand screws loose inside her head now.

• Members

I'd be afraid of speaking out against LML, too, if every six months, she was killing characters off like fruit flies.

I find it hard to believe, though, that they officially fired her February 2008, when she left the show in December. It sounded more like she quit to me.

Now, thinking about how LML has changed the strong, volatile characters into weak flies on the wall (Victor, Victoria, Phyllis) or wild psychos (Drucilla), I think the changes would've worked if she actually created captivating storylines from them. Victor's epilepsy was pretty touching, IMO, but the payoff, well, just didn't.

If LML's intention was to weaken the Victor character, (as an example) how the hell was the show going to continue to build drama at Newman? The CEO has to be ruthless, cutthroat, and have a good amount of blood-lust. By cutting those qualities from Victor's brain, if you will, who was going to replace him? Nick certainly couldn't. And Vikki was just as weak.

Or if not replace him, cause him to be devious through solid reasoning, a la Marcy kidnapping Tommy on OLTL. I don't understand why LML didn't understand that. You need characters who cause drama, and not in the two-dimensional Gloria/Amber way, or by murder. And even if you don't think about character development, as most people on this board stated she hadn't, then create plots driven by interesting characters, at least. Not friggin' cardboard-cutout Brad Carlton.

Archived