Who are the BEST Writers of all time?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

William J. Bell.

Also, from the little I have seen of their work, Doug Marland and Agnes Nixon were also great.

The closest we get to that nowdays is Kay Alden and Brad Bell, for certain qualities that they have as writers. Alden is especially good.

• Members

William J Bell, in my view, is the finest writer to ever grace daytime.

Agnes Nixon and Doug Marland are close seconds, they both had brilliant runs (and Agnes probably gets a brilliant idea injected into AMC whenever that son of a bitch Frons is on vacation). Claire Labine was also very good, as were Bridget and Jerry Dobson.

Of the current crop I believe Kay Alden and Brad Bell are the best. Maria Arena Bell also seems to be good, but she's been there only a little while, so I'll reserve judgment.

And I know I might get stoned for this but I happened to enjoy Bob Guza's solo run on GH (1997-2000). Is he a great writer? No. Is he capable of entertaining an audience? Yep.

• Members

QUOTE (Chris B @ Mar 22 2008, 03:53 PM)
Lynn Marie Latham, Megan McTavish, Ellen Weston and David Kriezman are the new Bell, Nixon, Marland's etc.

LOL you beat me to it! I was going to pick the biggest hacks as the best writers :)

But the best of the best would be Claire Labine, Wisner Washam, Lorraine Broderick, Agnes Nixon, Kay Alden, Douglas Marland, William Bell, Ron Carlivati, Irna Phillips

• Members

QUOTE (Chris B @ Mar 23 2008, 12:46 AM)
You know, if someone told Kriezman he was the next Doug Marland...would he get the sarcasm? I somehow doubt it. The bar has been lowered so much he's probably a god among his fellow daytime hacks.

Unfortunately, you're so right...

• Members

Nancy Curlee, Stephen Demorest, and Lorraine Broderick come to mind. Pamela K. Long wasn't that bad but not that great either. I'd have her write for Guiding Light anyday.

Douglas Marland and William J. Bell were also superb.

Archived